BrainPOP is an online K-12 educational solution that makes rigorous learning experiences accessible and engaging for all. Proven to raise academic achievement, BrainPOP has been a trusted resource to more than six million educators, and has engaged the hearts and challenged the minds of over 300 million learners worldwide.
BrainPOP provides endless opportunities for kids to take agency over their learning through playful, knowledge-building content and learner-driven projects, preparing them for success in the classroom and beyond.
We are looking for an experienced and hands-on growth marketing leader to build out and lead all performance marketing at BrainPOP. As the Senior Director of Growth Marketing you will have accountability for all digital performance marketing channels, including paid search, SEO, paid social media, display advertising, retargeting and affiliate marketing. You will be responsible for testing into new paid channels and scaling them into lead generation engines for our B2B institutional business and efficient customer acquisition channels for our D2C subscription business. You will build out a paid media strategy that helps achieve our growth goals and build out a team of channel specialists either in-house or through an agency to achieve those goals. This role will report to the SVP of Growth and Marketing and work in close partnership with Data, Product and Engineering teams. This is a highly visible role on the marketing leadership team.
In this role, you will:
- Build out a paid media strategy to drive leads for our institutional business and grow our DTC family and teacher subscriptions in order to achieve our quarterly/annual customer acquisition and revenue goals
- Build a paid media plan across mobile, web and offline channels including but not limited to paid search, paid social media, display advertising, retargeting and affiliate marketing
- Identify, test and scale new owned and paid acquisition channels with an iterative, data and customer-insights driven, segmented approach
- Build and manage a team of in-house and/or third-party paid media specialists to manage channel-level budget and performance with a relentless focus on core KPIs - CAC, trial conversion, channel conversion, ARPU, CAC/LTV ratio and paid / organic acquisition volume
- Develop strategies to improve organic acquisition through SEO and ASO, testing and making improvements in app store and search rankings; work with product and engineering team to implement changes
- Design, implement and analyze A/B split tests across all channels (offer, creative and conversion rate optimization)
- Work cross-functionally to develop new landing pages, marketing content, A/B tests and growth projects with the goal of unlocking step changes in conversion rates, qualified lead generation and customer acquisition volume
- Partner with the Institutional Engagement & Brand marketing team to build and implement a lead qualification criteria and process to identify marketing qualified leads for our institutional business
- Partner with the Creative team to create and test creative concepts at a high frequency while remaining true to our brand
- Partner with Data, Engineering and Product to improve understanding of Paid performance and to unlock additional opportunities to scale
- Collaborate with the Consumer Brand & Partnerships team in building a parent ambassador/influence program
- Obsessed with growth and building things
- An expert on Google SEM and SEO who likes to stay abreast on the latest developments
- An expert on Facebook bidding, targeting and optimization
- Fluent in performance marketing metrics (CPM, CPI, CPA, CPC & LTV)
- Persistent, with a bias-to-action and a track record of performance
- A doer with a contagious “can-do” attitude
- A great communicator and truly a team player
- Able to think both strategically as well as be able to change direction quickly
On Your Resume
- 6+ years of paid marketing experience in an entrepreneurial environment with a proven track record of identifying and executing SEM and paid social growth opportunities
- Subject matter expert in Search Engine Marketing platforms, including Google AdWords and Apple Search ads
- Proven track record of analyzing marketing funnels to identify actionable insights that improve and optimize landing pages for conversion
- Experience designing, running and analyzing A/B tests as well as incrementality tests
- Experience working collaboratively with data scientists and engineers to improve tools and processes
- Strong quantitative & analytical skills; ability to use data to make decisions and optimize campaign performance
- Managerial experience leading a team of performance marketers
- Well versed in Google Analytics and Facebook business manager
- Ability to use SQL, Tableau, Google Tag Manager is a plus
Life at BrainPOP
Our commitment to supporting and empowering teachers and students is reflected in our dedication to enhancing the lives of our employees—in and out of the office.
Our team is made up of educators, data scientists, published authors, engineers, artists, bakers, film buffs, cyclists, dual-citizens, and so much more. We value Diversity & Inclusion, collaboration and learning from multiple perspectives, and encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work.
Besides offering a comprehensive benefits package and putting an emphasis on work-life balance, we make it a point to integrate fun and play into the workplace.
- Corporate Donation Matching
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Paid Life Insurance
- 401K with a company match
- Friends & Family BrainPOP Subscription
- Learning & Development Stipend
- Wellness Activities (ClassPass Membership)
- Annual Performance Bonus & Equity Appreciation Plan
- Company Events (happy hours, volunteering opportunities, trivia nights, and monthly Town Halls)
What we do today directly impacts how teachers teach, and students learn. We continue to be inspired because we can see the difference we’re making and we’re proud to be a creative, collaborative, always-teaching, and always-learning community.
BrainPOP is a hybrid work environment, allowing employees to self-select where they work–whether fully remote in approved states or in-office in our New York headquarters.
We are able to employ remotely out of the following approved hiring states:
- New Jersey
- New York
- North Carolina
We believe that a diverse organization is a more effective organization. BrainPOP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.