Senior Director, Global Paid Media at Mailchimp
People who work for themselves fuel our economy. In the US, small businesses employ 60% of the workforce and create 80% of new jobs. Oftentimes the odds are stacked against them with 50% failing in the first 5 years. Intuit’s Small Business and Self-Employed Group (SBSEG) is devoted to creating solutions to meet the needs and improve the chances of success for these entrepreneurs with a portfolio of solutions from Mailchimp and QuickBooks.
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small businesses. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
We are looking for a Senior Director of Global Paid Media to lead all media paid marketing efforts on our channels globally for Mailchimp. You will develop the media strategy, test aggressively and scale initiatives to drive awareness, consideration and conversion of Mailchimp’s portfolio of offerings. You will be responsible for overall planning, forecasting and optimization across all paid channels to efficiently acquire customers.
What you'll do here:
- Lead a large group of team members and agency partners spanning all aspects of demand generation via paid channels inclusive of brand and performance media.
- Responsible for allocating, investing and optimizing large scale media budget across all channels and geographies from top-of-funnel to bottom-of-funnel to meet performance and brand building goals across the world.
- Utilize data-driven methodology, analysis and measurement to improve effectiveness and efficiency across all paid marketing channels.
- Work closely with your analytics and business operations and intelligence partners to build a world-class performance marketing engine across tracking, attribution, automation and optimization.
- Innovate and implement test and learn strategies and drive scalable results.
- Develop a team with a strong analytical approach to acquisition funnel metrics, measurement and campaign performance.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have 15 years of digital marketing experience, with a focus on performance and acquisition.
- You have 5+ years of leading a multi-disciplinary performance marketing team with direct oversight of paid channels.
- You have a track record of growing marketing investment on a measurable basis (CPA, ROI, MMM, etc.) at scale.
- You have strong leadership and communication skills to drive recommendations, articulate trade-offs and communicate plans to senior executives.
- You have a willingness to be deep in the details while also being able to create and communicate higher level strategy.
- You are experienced in managing marketing budgets for subscription based offerings in a SaaS environment.
At Mailchimp, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them, support them, and hire peeps from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), please consider applying!
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is an all-in-one marketing platform for growing businesses. Mailchimp empowers millions of customers around the world to start and grow their businesses with world-class marketing technology, award-winning customer support, and inspiring content. Millions of businesses and individuals—from community organizations to Fortune 100 companies—trust Mailchimp to help them connect with their audience with the right message, at the right time, in the right place.
Founded in 2001 and based in Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, London, and Santa Monica, Mailchimp has 1,200+ employees. Through Intuit, we offer employees competitive compensation, best in class perks and benefits. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed. Find Mailchimp on social.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law. Mailchimp also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories, and complies with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.