Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms and products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure and capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 53+ billion in circulation and supported over $1.9+ trillion in transactions in the past year. Circle’s payments and treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account and APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system and digital currency and blockchain based finance. Circle’s SeedInvest service brings internet-native fundraising and capital formation to startups and growth companies. Combined, Circle’s suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global and inclusive financial system.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of financial value,” Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money and internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.
What you’ll be responsible for:
Circle’s Senior Director, Global Internal Communications will build the employee communication function at Circle, where the employee population is experiencing accelerated growth. Managing communications in an organization that is quickly evolving, rooted in Slack and without prior employee communication leadership will require patience, adaptability, ingenuity, collaboration and wit. Initially, this role will be an independent contributor who will quickly assess needs, build process, collaborate with the Talent team and other key partners across the organization and begin execution. Once a lane is established, this leader will build a small, nimble team with regional hubs in UK/Europe and Singapore. The role will be responsible for employee engagement communications, creating a single source of truth that pulls together multiple sources of insights, and working closely with the Talent organization to support HR/Talent related efforts. Circle’s communication team is part of the Strategy and Policy organization and collaborates closely with marketing, talent, finance, product, legal and regulatory teams. This position will report to the VP of Communications.
What you'll work on:
- Building an internal message machine for Circle through internal networking and collaboration
- Owning the vendor relationship and use case/execution of Poppulo
- Developing internal communication policies and standards
- Driving social media engagement on Everyone Social in collaboration with social team partners
- Creating and executing communication plans to support Talent and executive initiatives
- Leading internal communication initiatives as part of overall communication plans
- Internal content development for employees
- Identifying gaps and determining resource needs to build a small, regional world-class internal communications organization
- Measurement analysis on respective projects
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you'll bring to Circle:
- 15+ years experience in Internal Communications and employee engagement
- Comprehensive knowledge of the relationship between talent/human resources and employee communications and the relationships and experience necessary to build the muscle at Circle
- An innate ability to connect people to purpose through compelling storytelling
- A get-it-done attitude with a willingness to pivot quickly and frequently
- Unparalleled written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent news judgment
- Proven crisis management/strategy chops
- A foundational understanding of markets, finance, banking, and economics
- A deep interest in crypto and blockchain infrastructure
- Experience/familiarity with Slack, Apple MacOS and GSuite
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.#LI-Remote