Drift is the Revenue Acceleration platform that uses Conversational Marketing and Conversational Sales to help companies grow revenue and increase customer lifetime value, faster. More than 50,000 businesses use Drift to align sales and marketing on a single platform to deliver a unified customer experience where people are free to have a conversation with a business at any time, on their terms. Our mission is to use conversations to make business buying frictionless, more enjoyable, and more human.As the Director of Demand Generation you will lead the entire marketing team in defining the quarterly/bi-annual campaign planning process that aligns the content, creative and web teams on priorities for each quarter. Align with the digital marketing team in order to ensure messages and offers we’re using in our campaigns are also being executed through all digital channels.
As the Senior Director of Digital Marketing and Marketing Operations, you will set the roadmap for our overall digital marketing strategy, while leading a team who can analyze data and turn it into insights to better inform the digital strategy. In this role, you will manage a team of talented digital marketers and marketing operations experts who are passionate about driving revenue for the business, while at the same time setting the example of what an outstanding digital experience looks like for our existing and future customers. This includes making sure we have a best-in-class example for how to use our own instance of Drift across all aspects of our business, including the website. This role reports directly to the VP, Revenue Marketing.
What You’ll Do as the Senior Director, Digital Marketing & Marketing Operations:
- Lead the teams - inspire them, remove roadblocks, acknowledge their challenges, but help them find a fast path to success.
- Set the overall digital marketing strategy that defines how all digital marketers should be crafting their digital experience in an all digital world.
- Oversee the management of the digital marketing and channel budget in order to ensure every dollar is being used to maximum efficiency and effectiveness, making it a no brainer to increase our investment in order to drive even larger outcomes.
- Identify and outline the digital customer journey from awareness to post purchase.
- Lead the Marketing Operations and Analytics team to simplify our data, and evolve from read outs to insights that shape our strategy across all of Marketing.
- Assess the measurements and reporting of the business - are they the best ways to measure success, impact? Call upon previous experiences with models and reporting and make recommendations that would work within the Drift environment.
- Present to the senior leadership team on key trends we’re seeing across all business units and the impact Marketing is having on the outcomes of the business.
- Align with the VP, Rev Marketing, to ensure the execution of all campaign components are done seamlessly across channels
- Build a staffing plan (that’s ROI-backed) for the digital marketing and MOPs teams that scales for future growth of the business in order to ensure appropriate resource allocation for the work that needs to be completed in current and future.
- Assess the current digital technology stack and identify areas of improvement to fill existing gaps.
- Earn the trust of your employees so that they feel comfortable surfacing issues to you and knowing you will help them work through these challenges in order to move the business forward.
What skills you will bring to the job:
- 15+ years experience driving high-impact marketing programs in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrated experience in demand generation - including digital and Marketing Operations
- 7+ years managing individual contributors including hiring, inspiring and leading within a fast-paced, ever-changing marketing organization
- Experience building measurement and attribution models to drive investment and marketing strategy
- Experience driving results across marketing channels, creating segment or person-specific marketing mixes, and ensuring cohesive journeys for the prospect/customer
- Collaborating effectively with sales to achieve results - building a deep relationship where they’re trusted partners and allies working as one team
- Experience working with operations to define and develop solid processes that can then be used to deliver high-converting programs that result in revenue
- Experience driving targeted messages in B2B markets with account based marketing
- People-focused leader with proven ability to build creative, collaborative teams; develop people; and link performance to overall business objectives. You’ve managed teams and have experience as a ‘manager of managers’.
- A track record of delivery on complex projects, using strong organizational skills and ability to influence and work cross-functionally.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to effectively market the work of Marketing internally.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills – must have the ability to analyze and derive meaning from data which you will then translate into actionable changes.
- Excellent writing, communication, time management, and project management skills
- Passionate about Marketing - both the art and the science.
- Ability to build budgets with justification and validated assumptions to explain marketing plan, impact, and ROI.
Drift is committed to being an equal opportunity employer.
We know that applying for a new job can be intimidating. But guess what? At Drift, there is no such thing as an “ideal candidate.” We believe in the power of teamwork -- and in the desire to learn something new every day. We believe in hiring people, not just skills. Take it from our CEO.
If this sounds like a company you would like to join and a role you would thrive in, please don’t hold back from applying! Whatever skills you bring to the table or background you’re coming from, we welcome you to start a conversation with us. We need your unique perspective for our continued innovation and success. We’re looking forward to learning more about you!
Drift is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]