Senior Director, Customer Marketing (Remote) at Twilio
Join the team as our next Senior Director, Customer MarketingWho we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.About the job
We are looking for an experienced customer marketer who’s ready to level up our existing global customer marketing program. As Senior Director, Customer Marketing, you will lead the global Customer Marketing team, driving the strategy across advocacy and evangelism; lifecycle marketing; community and engagement; and executive programs. You will drive the strategy and process of engaging with customers for all aspects of marketing and sales requests, from reference calls to marketing engagements and publicity. In collaboration with the rest of your team, you will work to build a strong rapport with customers to deepen loyalty and engagement with us to turn them into identity security champions.ResponsibilitiesIn this role, you’ll:
- Lead the global customer marketing team – ensuring they are driving a constant pipeline of new customer stories, that the sales and marketing reference program is strong and growing, and that our communications to customers is seamless and consultative in tone.
- Work closely with demand generation to make sure our customer journeys are front and center in our campaigns; partner with them on cross-sell and upsell campaigns
- Build the recurring programs and processes to maintain a strong pipeline of diverse story opportunities across global regions, industries and solutions, use cases and products, and channels
- Partner with Marketing, Sales Enablement, Customer Success, Reference and Product Management and PR teams to infuse the customer journey across our internal and external initiatives
- Identify opportunities and gaps to build customer content to support our core content marketing, industry marketing, and pipeline- and opportunity-building objectives
- Work within the customer programs team and cross-functionally on customer-related engagements, including with the content team on case studies and features, the campaigns and demand gen teams on sourcing customers for webinars, with field and event marketing on sourcing customers for roadshow panels and conferences, and more
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!Required:
- 15+ years experience in customer-facing roles, building creative and compelling content and leading teams of 5
- Demonstrated ability to lead a global customer marketing program – strategy balanced with tactical execution is critical here
- Ability to work strategically and collaboratively with many teams across marketing and sales
- Program management and/or project management experience
- Strong technical skills, including experience with CRM, digital marketing tools and channels, and B2B marketing.
- Lead and manage customer engagement and communication programs, such as in-person/virtual events, workshops, annual conferences, awards programs, onboarding and ongoing nurture campaigns
- Creative marketing and communication skills to engage and motivate customer advocates.
- Experienced team leader with ability to build and grow a team
- Strong knowledge of customer marketing desired
- You’ve worked with technology products that have targeted enterprises with cloud-based services, especially as horizontal platforms.
This role will be remotely based in the US.
Approximately 15% travel is anticipated.What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
- Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
- If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is 176,080.00 - $220,100.00
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.