Senior Director, Brand at Flyhomes
Flyhomes is a place where authenticity, equity, and innovation collide to build the world’s best homebuying experience. Innovation is in our DNA. What will you create here?
We offer brokerage, mortgage and closing services—all under one roof—to ensure our clients have an amazing experience from the moment they start to work with us, to the moment they move in, and beyond.
Real estate, mortgage and technology are what we do, but people are at the core of our mission. That’s where you come in! Whether you're our employee or our client, we believe it’s about people, not properties. From client-facing roles to technology, and everywhere in between, you’ll work alongside a diverse team who loves to solve problems, think creatively, and fly the plane as we continue to build it. If you’re dedicated to creating an inclusive, equitable, and more enjoyable real estate experience with solutions for every homebuyer, then we want to talk to you!
As our Senior Director, Brand, you will be fully immersed in all things brand, from creative, content, experience, product offerings, and marketing. You will directly oversee creative, integrated marketing and comms, and indirectly influencing all key parts of the business that deliver customer experience. You’ll play a critical role in driving the sustained and future growth of Flyhomes. Put simply, your role is to develop an emotionally resonant brand.
We are looking for a strategic, business-minded leader who thrives in a hands-on environment. You will manage a diverse internal team across these disciplines in addition to key agency partners. This is a highly cross-functional role that requires close partnerships with the Performance Marketing, Product, Revenue & Operations teams.
Bringing deep understanding of user needs, attitudes and behaviors, you will help influence not only the messaging, creative and marketing investment but also work cross functionally to deliver a clear brand strategy and voice that resonate with our audiences. Ultimately, your goals will be to drive consideration, affinity, awareness, and advocacy for the Flyhomes brand.
This is a new function that has only been partly developed at Flyhomes. In this role you will need to define the team strategy, objective and success criteria - as well as be comfortable rolling up sleeves and digging into the work yourself. The ideal candidate will be a mix of left and right brained, with an ability to interpret, challenge, and leverage research, revenue, and other metrics to create strategic and tactical recommendations that drive through to beautiful creative, look, feel and experience of the brand.
What You'll Do
- Develop and execute a brand marketing strategy, in partnership with the broader organization, that aligns with business objectives and is implemented across all marketing channels (paid, owned, and earned); steward and evolve the brand architecture to maximize awareness; and establish customer-friendly product marketing and content to help more customers find and buy their next home.
- Manage, develop and grow a team of 10+ marketers and creatives to support growth across Flyhomes Brokerage, Mortgage and Closing businesses.
- Partner with Performance Marketing to develop a holistic media plan and budget across paid, owned, and earned channels by market.
- Oversee the creative team that includes graphic design/art direction, copywriting, photography and videography; manage outside creative and photo shoots, budgets, production; maintain/improve workflows between creative services and key internal customers including performance marketing, product, and sales.
- Manage PR and corporate communications, developing and executing messaging strategies to maximize reach and impact across consumer, trade, business, influencer touchpoints; manage external agency; establish Flyhomes as a thought leader in key areas of expertise.
- Act as a key partner to our Business Development and Strategy team to assist in identifying and executing brand partnerships including collaborations, press, and events
- Collaborate with research and product teams on customer insights to drive enhancements to overall customer experience and influence product roadmaps.
Who You Are
- A passionate brand lover with deep experience in branding and positioning
- A strong operator with an ability to define and develop brand architecture
- A capable communicator who can engage with the executive team to align on near and long term brand initiatives
- An experienced leader with creative teams, capable of ideating and pressure testing creative concepts and visuals
- An ability to see opportunities for the brand and crystalize them into clear and inspiring strategic frameworks
- Broad knowledge of industry levers to measure, test and grow brand awareness and affinity
- Strong EQ with an emphasis on positive communication
- A proven operator with at least 10+ years of experience as a marketing leader in a high growth environment
- A strong storyteller with the ability to craft a compelling narrative that can motivate and inspire customers and teams. Able to inspire through live presentations, written communication and visual media. Can communicate complex topics simply.
- A team player who can understand requirements from across various functions and work together to reach a team goal
- Self-starter and entrepreneurial; ability to deal in ambiguity and find innovative solutions
- Dynamic leader who can manage, inspire, and mobilize a team of functional leads along with key agency partners.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communication, Business or related field
- Collaborative: You partner effectively with internal clients and colleagues, to drive our ‘winning together’ culture and execute on our common goals
- Communicative: You develop and deliver multi-mode communication to share ideas, learn from each other, and keep each other informed about problems, opportunities, progress and solutions
- Action-Oriented: You seize opportunities, take on tough challenges and drive ideas and plans forward with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm. You are able to pivot to solution focus and inspire others to do the same
- Learning Agility: You are open to new ways of thinking and committed to acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage
- Driven: You take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You are organized, focused and highly disciplined. Hard work doesn’t scare you
- Work Excellence: You are conscientious with the consistency and quality of deliverables and promote high standards, always seeking ways to improve products. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow-through
- Flexible: You thrive in a dynamic, fluid and unstructured environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great together
Reinventing an industry takes work and we aim to recognize and champion the well being of our people professionally, financially, physically and mentally.
- Generous PTO
- 401K Matching
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Home Buying & Selling Benefits
- Commuter Benefits
- Casual Dress
- Professional Development Benefits
- Paid Volunteer Time
- Dog friendly HQ!