Senior Corporate Communications Specialist at Egnyte
The Egnyte Corporate Communications team works closely with functions across the company to tell the story of our strategy and vision at a corporate, product, and broader thought leadership level. We look to share compelling storylines and messaging with the press and influencers through product launches, executive speaking platforms, customer stories, and ongoing proactive pitching.
It’s an exciting time at Egnyte as we are growing our team and we’re looking for an experienced Senior Corporate Communications Specialist to join us. The ideal candidate is extremely bright and excited to learn...about everything. You regularly read enterprise technology news and know all the most important media and influencers. You love to build relationships with the media and have a strong portfolio of coverage that you drove. You are excited to learn and grow in your PR and communications career!
What You’ll Do (but is not limited to)
- This role will focus on expanding Egnyte’s external awareness with an emphasis on media relations including thought leadership, product launches, and newsjacking trends or events in the media that Egnyte can offer insightful commentary about.
- The ideal candidate has 3-5 years of previous experience proactively identifying technology trends, developing compelling narratives, and pitching business, vertical and industry trade publications to a high degree of success.
- We’re looking for a creative and dynamic storyteller with outstanding judgment and writing capabilities, and who can act with a sense of urgency and the ability to weave seamlessly between corporate, industry and technology-focused subject matters.
- This role will play both support and leading roles in communications campaigns, partnering closely with the broader Marketing team to tell stories about new product launches as well as narratives that drive the brand and corporate story forward.
- Ability to quickly establish media relationships in trade, business and industry outlets and pitch them to secure coverage for Egnyte.
- Working closely with Product Marketing, Demand Generation, Social Media and others across the Corporate Communications team to bring new features and innovations to market.
- Assist with analyst relations activities including scheduling and maintaining reporting metrics, as well as quarterly newsletters.
- Working with internal teams to source tech and product stories; developing written materials including press releases, statements, blogs, bylines, presentations, and briefing documents.
- Bring to bear existing tech, business and mainstream media relationships to elevate Egnyte awareness and coverage.
- Monthly reporting for both the public relations program as well as the analyst relations program.
- Placing executive profiles, bylines and high-level speaking opps that further our company narratives and drive awareness of Egnyte.
What You Need To Succeed
- 3-5 years of relevant PR/Comms experience
- Agency experience is preferred, with a significant portion of time spent focused on corporate and product communications in B2B SaaS technology.
- A self-starter who demonstrates creative and critical thinking abilities
- Highly collaborative, flexible and adaptable
- Tech-fluent, with experience working alongside engineering/product teams and the ability to write for a technical audience and translate technical content for a general audience.
- Calm under pressure, with the ability to execute on concepts quickly and balance multiple projects at once
- Organized, process-inclined and detail-oriented in their execution
- Outcome-focused and motivated by delivering measurable results
- Positive and solution-oriented to help develop creative answers to complex problems
- An outstanding writer, speaker, and editor
- Humble, with a team-first mentality
Competitive salaries & Stock Options
Comprehensive benefits for you and your family (low premiums and deductibles!)
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Employee Assistance Program, FSA, HAS, and Commuter/Parking benefits
Fully paid premiums for life insurance (up to 2x your salary) / AD&D and the option to enroll in Voluntary Life Insurance
Pet Plan-- Enroll in discounted Pet Insurance & Perkspot – Discount program available for entertainment, services, shopping & travel
Global Travel – Medical benefits to cover any employees traveling out of the United States on a work-related trip
Flexible hours and responsible time off
Emotion & Physical Wellness – Free access to emotional and physical wellness apps including Spring Health, Headspace, Aaptiv, Ginger, and Physera
Gym, cell phone, and commute reimbursement
Healthy lunches, breakfast, and bottomless snacks and beverages
401(k) Retirement Plan (Traditional and Roth)
Board Games --you name it, we got it! Take a break and get to know other Egnyters!
SoFi online financial services: Pay off debt sooner, invest in your future, or refinance your mortgage – all in one app
FREE Egnyte lifetime membership
Equal Opportunity Employment
Egnyte is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Egnyte provides a unified cloud content governance solution for collaboration, data security, compliance, and threat detection for multicloud businesses. More than 16,000 organizations trust Egnyte to reduce risks and IT complexity, prevent ransomware and IP theft, and boost employee productivity on any app, any cloud, anywhere. Investors include GV (formerly Google Ventures), Kleiner Perkins, Caufield & Byers and Goldman Sachs. For more information, visit www.egnyte.com.