Senior Content Marketing Manager (Remote) at Clearbit
Sorry, this job was removed at 7:26 a.m. (CST) on Wednesday, April 20, 2022
Senior Content Marketing Manager
At Clearbit, we’re focused on helping our customers grow faster and smarter with real-time marketing intelligence. Today more than 1,500 of the world’s fastest growing B2B companies — including Asana, Segment, and Atlassian — use Clearbit to create demand, capture intent, and optimize pipeline. And we’re just getting started.
The Content team is looking for a clear writer, sharp editor, and creative marketer to help us fuel our next stage of growth. In this role, you’ll craft content for the Clearbit Blog as well as integrated campaigns and launches, working with Demand, Design, and Growth to make Clearbit the go-to resource for marketing and revenue teams. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who loves finding the right words and providing value to connect with audiences. You’ll get to nerd out about marketing, run with creative ideas, and help scale our content strategy.
Here's an idea for what you'll be doing:
- Craft smart and helpful content that creates awareness and demand for Clearbit. You’ll plan, write, and edit blog posts, ebooks, and other types of content based on research and interviews that teach as well as tell stories. You'll also experiment with different formats to expand our reach and build our brand.
- Manage our blog publishing workflow. You’ll drive our blog calendar and work with internal and external collaborators to shepherd ideas through the content creation process. You’ll edit pieces by contractors, partners, and other team members and ensure that blog posts are produced and published on time.
- Drive distribution to grow our audience and reach. You'll partner with our Demand team to promote content via search, social media, email, ads, co-marketing, and relevant communities — and optimize content for distribution through those channels.
- Help us learn and improve through reporting and analysis. Data helps us understand how we're doing and where we might go next. You’ll use tools like Google Analytics and Mode Analytics, with support from a super analytics team, to get insight into what’s working (and what’s not).
- Keep us on message and on brand. You’ll pitch in to wordsmith marketing copy and review content. You'll help us practice and refine style, tone, and voice across the company. Writing is hard! And you'll be one of our resident experts.
You’ll be set up for success if:
- You’re an excellent long-form writer and editor. You can explain complex concepts clearly, tell a compelling story, and write with personality. You think editing is integral to the writing process.
- You have a history of content marketing or editorial success. You have a track record of planning, writing, and publishing content (across a variety of channels and formats) that makes an impact. Ideally you experienced some of this success working in SaaS, marketing, or media. Bonus points if you have experience with SEO.
- You love process as much as you love prose. You have a producer mindset and dive into the details — from fixing typos to aligning images — to ensure we’re shipping polished content. You’ve worked with a CMS or two and you’re familiar with web publishing best practices.
- Your content is intentional and customer-centric. Your work is driven by a deep understanding of why content is being created and who it serves. You believe in talking to and knowing your audience — and you make content decisions based on what will be most helpful and interesting to them.
- You’re a strong communicator and collaborator. You’re proactive about sharing updates — and asking for help when you need it — and you’re adept at building productive relationships with cross-functional partners.
- You thrive when able to self-direct. You’ll be responsible for the impact you make and have a lot of freedom and opportunity to do so. You’re a self-starter who works well when given autonomy.
- You’re curious and quick to learn. Especially when it comes to writing and making content! You’re eager to talk to people, do research, and share what you’ve learned.
When Applying Please Include:
- A cover letter.
- A description of your work history. This can be a resume, LinkedIn profile, or prose.
- Links to 3 long-form writing samples or your portfolio.
Working at Clearbit:
Building a company takes a physical and mental toll, which is why we think it's incredibly important to make sure that we provide benefits that focus on physical, mental and nutritional health. Some of our benefits include:
Competitive salary and meaningful equity
Health, dental, and vision for you and your family
Paid parental leave
Mental health resources, coaching and therapy sessions
We invest in personal and team growth, valuing constructive feedback and emotional intelligence. We aim to maintain a working environment of psychological safety, where vulnerability is not a weakness, so that it's easier to take creative risks, re-define what’s possible, and grow into the best version of yourself.
Don’t meet 100% of the criteria, but think you can do the job? We’d love to chat anyway! We’re on a mission to build diverse teams, and studies have shown that women and folks from marginalized communities are less likely to apply to jobs if they don’t check every box.
We value and celebrate how you identify, who you love, the color of your skin, your age (at heart and on paper), the gods you do or don't believe in, and every other belief and characteristic that make you you. The more inclusive we are, the better we — and our work — will be.
Clearbit is an equal opportunity employer.
More Information on Clearbit
Clearbit operates in the Information Technology industry. The company is located in San Francisco, CA. Clearbit was founded in 2014. It has 155 total employees. To see all 19 open jobs at Clearbit, click here.
Read Full Job Description