The Confluence Marketing team is on a mission to accelerate the awareness, adoption, purchase, and love for Confluence by Atlassian. We are looking for an experienced "full stack" Content Marketing Strategist and Manager to join our team - a critical-thinker & problem-solver while also a doer who loves to see work come to life. You will own the marketing content strategy and execution, and be a source of content authority and guidance.
As our Senior Content Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for developing and implementing the overall content strategy based on our goals and objectives. This includes creating and distributing "shareable" content on the appropriate platforms and measuring the results of content activity.
You will join Confluence's Brand Marketing team, focused on acquiring new audiences. However, your work will influence the entire Confluence Marketing team - you'll work across the funnel from awareness to conversion and retention of those audiences. Content creation will also include content for integrated marketing campaigns and thought leadership initiatives. You'll work with our writers on execution, the analytics team on tracking results of content, and in coordination with our Social Media and Campaign Leads on creating social & campaign assets.
- Grow organic traffic and lift obsession sticky-ness metrics per content type (downloads, CTR, engagement, time-on-page/average watch time)
- Drive brand awareness within target audiences & a positive shift in perceptions for our key brand attributes
- Create scalable and repeatable processes for content creation and distribution
- Increase in new customers that come to Confluence before other Atlassian products
- This role will manage the strategy and process for writing resources to create assets, and be able to pinch-hit in creating various types of content should it be needed
- Manage and develop a writing strategy, and content management system
- Strategy to grow organic traffic, drive brand awareness, and improve conversion rates
- Develop a scalable process to engage internal and external subject matter experts to create long-form and short-form assets, including written, video, and visual content like case studies, interactive websites, infographics, and guides
- Partner with Design and Social Media leads to create social-first and social-only content to drive increased engagement in the feed
- Partner with Product Marketing and Performance marketing to create short-form content for landing pages, integrated marketing campaigns, and email
- Partner with SEO to optimize and improve content
- Work with designers, product marketers, and external influencers and other industry experts to create and distribute content
- 10+ years of experience in full-stack content marketing
- Proven experience building audiences; creating and distributing content that drives business success with proven results
- Channel-specific content knowledge (YouTube, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram) along with public web and microsites
- SEO knowledge
- Editorial experience / comfortable being the editor for external writing agencies
- In-depth knowledge of content optimization and organization systems, like HubSpot
- Experience testing and optimizing content and CTAs to drive engagement
- Experience in SaaS or B2B a huge plus
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.