Senior Communications Manager - External Engagement at Informa (Remote)
Informa is a leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge and events business, creating unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
Taylor & Francis Group produces high quality, peer reviewed books and journals. We produce unique, trusted content by expert authors, spreading knowledge and promoting discovery globally. We aim to broaden thinking and advance understanding, providing academics and professionals with a platform to share ideas and realise their individual potential.Job Description
This role plays an integral part in delivering Taylor & Francis’ external engagement strategy. In it you will play a key role in the Corporate Communications team by developing messaging and planning multi-channel, multi-audience external communications that attract and engage a range of key stakeholders. You will work alongside an amazing team who include experts in delivering content across a range of channels, including media relations, content, social media and via events and partnerships. The role of the Senior Communications Manager (External Engagement) will be varied and will include the opportunity to get your teeth into topics including open access, the intersection between research and policy, citizen science and public humanities, technology developments, new product developments, the role and value of publishing.
What you will be doing:
In this role, you will be coordinating a rolling program of external engagement development and delivery. It will be a busy and exciting role, with the chance to roll your sleeves up by:
- taking responsibility for coordinating the overall external engagement program for the wider external communications team, managing a calendar to ensure that key business priorities are communicated to all stakeholders effectively.
- working with colleagues across the company to develop messaging about key company priorities and coordinating distribution
- working with channel experts to determine the best channel mix to deliver messaging in a timely, effective way.
- working alongside the brand, reputation management and policy and external affairs teams to support their activity by coordinating the best channel mix to deliver campaigns and conversations and ensure they reach their target audiences.
Closing date for applications: 16th August, 2022
What we are looking for:
The ideal candidate will have:
- Campaign development to drive effective and efficient audience inbounding.
- High level of expertise in utilising audience insights to inform and develop strategy and tactics.
- The ability to make complex information beautiful and simple in a variety of engaging formats.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Demonstrable project management experience across multi-channel, multi-audience campaigns.
- A demonstrable awareness of key commercial issues such as profitability, growth, strategy evaluation and selection, and business development.
- Possess a high degree of understanding of market conditions and commercial opportunities
- Experience in training and/or mentoring others
- Effectively manages all information related to projects and corresponding KPIs.
- Synthesizes customer and market data from multiple sources to support the strategy process
- Able to effectively present information to a variety of stakeholders
- Develops innovative communication strategies in their area of expertise that align with overall business goals; considers impact on other people, organisational goals and the wider environment
- Strong communication skills; works collaboratively with other leaders and departments to build strong, cross-functional partnerships, both internally and externally; customer champion
- Effectively communicates the need for change and leads implementation through positive behaviour and attitude using customer needs as the guiding force
- Maintains advanced knowledge of new communication/industry trends
- Uses financial calculations to justify, manage, and approve expenditure and investment
- Uses business acumen gained from learning and past experiences to improve effectiveness and working practices
- Focused on self-development
What we offer in return:
- A competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave
- 3 discretionary days at Christmas
- 4 volunteering days annually
- Day off for your birthday
- Pension contributions
- Seasonal social and charitable events
- Training and development
You must have the right to work and live in the United Kingdom.
This role is open to candidates in all locations across the UK. T&F has multiple options for how employees can work based on their role – be that in the Office, at home or somewhere in between.
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 16th August, 2022.
At Taylor & Francis we care about our colleagues, promoting work-life balance, wellbeing and flexible working. We believe that the skills and experience you bring to Taylor & Francis are invaluable. We want you to have the opportunity to develop your abilities, and to innovate and develop in areas which you are passionate about.
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.