Our mission at Duolingo is to develop the best education in the world and make it universally available. But we’ve got more left to do — and that's where you come in!
Duolingo is the most popular language-learning application in the world, with over 500 million users and over half a billion exercises completed daily. Beyond our core learning product, we have also entered into literacy with Duolingo ABC and English proficiency testing with the Duolingo English Test.
We are passionate about educating our users, making fact-based decisions, and finding innovative solutions to complex problems. We offer meaningful work, limitless learning opportunities, and collaboration with world-class minds. Come brighten your life and over half a billion more!
Are you a curious art director who has passion for developing well crafted content and global ideas that are part of culture? With your conceptual ideas and scalable design and art mastery, you will help ensure we deliver world-class creative work, and help keep Duolingo top of mind. This role will work closely with our global marketing team; country marketing managers; and external creative partners.
- Partner with creative, design and marketing team members to concept strategic buzz worthy earned media ideas at an industry winning level.
- Generate ideas that span from a single social media post to implementing a local or global marketing campaign across multiple touchpoints and languages.
- Collaborate with our Design studio of illustrators, designers and animators to bring a cohesive brand to the world across all marketing touchpoints with the utmost of craft.
- Develop and experiment creative content across digital ads, newsletters, social content, micro-sites, partnership collateral and new things we haven’t developed yet.
- Partner with other teams to scale brand moments and constantly strive for excellence.
- Provide creative direction to internal teams as well as partner vendors, agencies on local and global initiatives.
- Proven ability as an award winning creative with experience in either agency, brand or ideally both.
- Portfolio that includes digital and multi-medium campaigns.
- Proven ability to take a trending moment in culture and turn it into a moment of attention for a brand.
- Ability to work in high-level content strategy and hands-on content design tasks with extreme attention to detail and craft.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, forward-thinking creative and critical thinking skills.
- An acute self-awareness and empathy for potential learners and the team’s goals.
- Proficiency in the Adobe Suite, Figma and knowledge in motion & video editing is a requirement.
Outstanding Candidates Will Have...
- Produced Industry award winning brand creative work.
- Published and/or featured work either in esteemed publications or received press for personal projects.
- Working proficiency in more than one language.
- A passion for education, culture, and language.
We will do everything we can within reason to make sure that your interview takes place in an environment that fairly and accurately assesses your skills. If you need assistance or accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
We aim to return to office, and as such are requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Take a peek at how we care for our employees' complete well-being with our benefits here.