Risk Communications Specialist at FIS (Cincinnati, OH)
About The Team
The RISC Education and Awareness team focuses on building and elevating a robust Risk, Information Security, and Compliance (RISC) culture. Innovation and creativity are key to achieving the change we're striving for as we promote awareness of risk, security and sustainability, and compliance concepts, requirements and best practices to 75,000-plus staff around the world. We execute global campaigns using a variety of media, including but not limited to, presentation applications, internal phishing campaign tools, video creation software, electronic banners, posters and more, to raise awareness across the business and further our RISC culture.
About The Role
This is an advanced professional role and the individual filling it will work independently, or in a team environment with only administrative supervision, and be able to overcome major obstacles or quickly recognize when issues should be escalated. The right candidate will have wide latitude for independent judgment and is encouraged to provide guidance and cross-training to others. In addition, the individual will:
- Ensure we're providing education and awareness on the right risks at the right time, using the right delivery mechanisms
- Develop strategic partnerships and execute campaigns throughout the year that educate and train all levels of staff about the risk organization, its programs and their respective responsibilities in executing on program provisions
- Interact and effectively communicate with all levels of technical and non-technical personnel across all business functions
What You Will Be Doing
- Distilling complex subjects into simple messages that are shared with colleagues and using their feedback to further refine the message and delivery method
- Employing your entrepreneurial spirit to own projects and develop a strong understanding of RISC principles while using your engaging and energetic personality to communicate these principles to a global audience
- Evangelizing the RISC organization by applying marketing and branding concepts to develop the stories that promote our impact and value to internal and external stakeholders, developing the RISC brand both internally and externally
- Utilizing multiple media (physical and virtual collateral, blogs, videos, websites, etc.) to support impactful internal and external communications to key partners, leaders and our board of directors
- Recognizing your audience's needs and preferences to develop and deploy campaigns that will engage colleagues from our RISC organization, as well as the rest of FIS
- Sharpening your presentation skills, both in-person and virtual, through formal and informal interactions with leadership, as you help build our RISC culture
What You Bring
- Aptitude to engage at all levels of the organization - quickly developing trust and driving active discussions to develop communications that are relevant and resonate with colleagues, regardless of job function or geography
- Extensive experience in Microsoft Office Suite, including exceptional PowerPoint skills or the equivalent in another presentation software
- Passion for developing a brand identity and engaging colleagues across the business
- Robust written and oral communication skills - ability to develop and tell a compelling story
- Demonstrated ability to lead change management and communication with internal and external partners including executive leadership
- Ability to see the big picture with limited information, and tie that into communications strategy
- Proven ability to develop and nurture relationships
- Five to seven years of experience in the risk discipline or at a public company in a related field
- Bachelor's degree from a related discipline
Added Bonus If You Have
- Ability to translate the strategies of our different RISC functions into a cohesive branding strategy
- Experience in identifying and utilizing effective engagement and communication techniques
- Developed understanding of Risk, Information Security, Sustainability, and/or Compliance concepts
- Established project management skills
What We Offer You
- An energetic team that constantly raises the bar, identifies and implements new and appealing methods for educating and raising awareness
- The opportunity to expand your skill set by working with colleagues from all areas of our RISC function and engage with colleagues from every area of the business both functionally and globally
- Competitive salary and excellent benefits
- The chance to work on some of the most critical issues in financial services and technology
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities - FIS is your final career step!
- Time to support charities and give back in your community
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
- Student Loan Repayment Program: FIS will PAY OFF your principal loan balance over 10 years of service! Eligibility starts after one year of tenure in the program and is for U.S. participants
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.