Scorpion is looking for an experienced Public Relations Specialist to handle PR for a client’s firm in Texas and Louisiana! This is an exciting and challenging opportunity for a public relations professional who is well-connected, exceptionally detail oriented, and looking to build and foster a long-lasting partnership with one of our legal clients. The ideal candidate will have an established and constantly growing network of connections to media outlets within Houston and/or Louisiana.
As the Public Relations Specialist, you’ll bridge the gap between Scorpion and the client by leading all aspects of their public relations strategy and execution. You’ll also be responsible for upholding a positive and professional public image for the client while ensuring that their brand is portrayed consistently across the board.
To succeed as the Public Relations Specialist, you must have significant experience in public relations and a demonstrated ability to craft press releases and other strategic external communications. Overall, we are looking for someone who will go above and beyond for our client and is eager to become a highly knowledgeable extension of their business and their brand.
- Direct all aspects of the PR strategy and execution for our client, upholding a positive public image that aligns with their brand
- Draft press releases, social media posts, blogs for the website, etc. and refine the client’s core messaging to constantly cultivate a consistent image
- Ensure external communications are well-timed, engaging, and well thought out
- Establish and champion media relationships through networking, attending industry events, and other forms of outreach
- Research outcomes of competitors’ recent PR campaigns to ensure maximum ROI for the client
- Handle emergency communications with a critical eye that considers public opinions, news sources, etc.
- Support any other PR or communications efforts as needed
- 5+ years of experience in PR required, preferably for a law firm in a highly competitive area
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations, Journalism, or other related field required
- Proven track record of developing successful press releases and other external business communications
- Exceptional research, writing, and presentation skills to deliver polished, engaging & on-brand communications
- A meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to stay on top of public opinions/news and conduct thorough research
- Must be able to handle external communications activities, including sensitive issues, with finesse and professionalism
- Willing to go above and beyond for the client and naturally goes the extra mile to ensure their success
Read Full Job Description