Public Relations / Media Manager at MERGE (Kansas City, MO)
Merge Storytelling and Technology
We MERGE storytelling and technology to promote health, wealth and happiness in the world. We help marketing and technology executives engage hearts and connect parts by offering full-service capabilities including strategy, creative communications, experience engineering, performance marketing, media, digital platform development and more.
Promote Health, Wealth & Happiness
We are committed to promoting health, wealth and happiness in the world by partnering with purpose-driven clients in purpose-driven industries such as healthcare, financial services and consumer products. Our health clients are literally on the front lines saving lives. Our wealth clients are changing the financial potential in people's lives. And our consumer clients make lives...a little bit happier every day.
Partner with Clients of Iconic Brands
MERGE has enduring client partnerships with American Express, T-Mobile, LG, Facebook, Adobe, Kate Spade NY, Coach, The North Face, Fidelity, Eaton Vance, BlueCross BlueShield, Abbott, Astellas, Seqirus, Supernus, Boston Scientific, Advocate Aurora Health, Indiana University Health and Marco’s Pizza to name a few.
Work with Poets and PHD’s
With 750+ employees across offices in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Denver, Kansas City, Los Angeles, Montreal and New York City, MERGE uses a talent-to-task process that connects our poets and PHD’s which enables clients to think higher and feel deeper about their customers.
Emerge to the Top of Your Career
At MERGE, we strive to create a superior work experience where people with ability, agility and humility can grow and do the best work of their careers.
As an Account Supervisor, PR and Communications (Internal Title) you will…
Be Accountable and Responsible
- Serve as a primary point of contact and manage the day-to-day account management, media relations and writing activities for high-profile strategic communications, corporate reputation and accounts.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with client contacts, delivering strategically-sound recommendations and value-add ideas in support of their business.
- Develop and edit compelling and high-quality communications deliverables, including client plans, research, media materials, client correspondence and executive communications.
- Build and execute communications programs that include developing content strategies, messaging/narratives, thought leadership initiatives, proactive media relations campaigns and executive visibility programs.
- Regularly assess relevant trends to identify opportunities for MERGE clients to proactively insert storylines into current news cycles and shape communications that are in line with client objectives.
- Ensure deadlines, budgets and statements of work agreements are consistently met.
- Define and manage measurement, reporting and analysis to demonstrate ROI to clients.
- Support leadership in managing and mentoring select team members, including onboarding, coaching, supervision, account staffing considerations, assessment and reviews
- Participate in business development process in collaboration with senior leadership team, selling MERGE credentials and creating proposals to build incremental business
Qualifications we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Public Relations, Strategic Communications, Business/Marketing or Journalism.
- 6-8 years professional Public Relations/Corporate Communications experience working in either a PR agency or corporate environment.
- Proven media relations experience with a clear understanding of the earned media environment and ability to create media strategy, present recommendations, and drive coverage.
- Ability to think strategically and analytically while confidently serving as a trusted advisor to client contacts.
- Results-focused approach and commitment to going the extra mile.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple pieces of business and projects simultaneously.
- Ability to see opportunities and organically grow the business.
- Superior professional communication and presentation skills.
- High attention to detail while maintaining the ability to multitask, meet deadlines and handle changing client needs.
- Energetic, self-starter and resourceful problem solver.
- Possess positive attitude to develop and ability to motivate a team.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and drive.
Compensation: $75,000 - $92,000
Salary differential is based on seniority, merit, education, training and experience. MERGE’s career ladders reflect department growth from Associate through Partner levels, with details of roles and responsibilities associated with each level. New hires are assigned a job level within a particular position based on these criteria and salary is set within the job level based on these criteria. Growth from one level to the next occurs when employees master their role, and are promoted into the next level, generally during salary review cycles which are posted in the employee handbook.
And here’s how we live our values at MERGE
- Mastering our craft
- Delivering with a growth mindset
- Collaborating for shared success
MERGE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
MERGE welcomes and celebrates diversity regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status or people with abilities. We believe that the more diverse we are, the more creative our work will be!