Next Insurance is a fast-growing startup based in Silicon Valley that is led by a team of experienced entrepreneurs with a history of successful outcomes. Our mission is to transform insurance for small businesses by combining world-class technology and phenomenal customer service to offer better insurance at a lower price. As the leading digital insurtech company transforming small business insurance, we just announced a $250 million new funding round, bringing the company’s valuation to $4 billion and total funding raised to more than $880 million!
Next Insurance is looking for explorers who are filled with curiosity, have the desire to travel the unbeaten path, and realize new heights in providing small business owners with the peace of mind to run their businesses. If you move fast, and are customer-focused and willing to challenge the status quo, Next Insurance might just be your next journey.
We are looking for a PR Manager to implement and execute communication strategies that connect our growing global employee base with company priorities and updates. This role will also assist in managing external events and speaking opportunities to promote executive thought leadership as well as coordinate communication efforts across social media channels. If you are a creative, strategic communications professional who has a passion for building new programs, this role is for you!
What You’ll Do:
- Play a key role in developing proactive and reactive media strategies
- Develop communications materials and guidance
- Help manage and maintain close relationships with journalists
- Lead media outreach and strategy for NEXT’s agent business
- Assist in managing external conference schedule and speaking opportunities to promote executive thought leadership
- Support PR related social media coordination
What We Need:
- 5-7 years of dedicated public relations experience, developing effective external communications strategies, preferably in a high-growth environment
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills (writing samples will be required)
- A strategic mindset, coupled with the ability to cohesively work cross-functionally across various global teams including
- A self-starter who is dedicated and demonstrates creative and critical thinking abilities
- Bachelor's degree
One of our core values is 'Play as a Team'; this means making sure everyone has an equal chance to participate and make a difference. We win by playing together. Next Insurance is an equal opportunity employer and prioritizes building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants of any type and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state, and local laws. Next's policy is to comply with all applicable laws related to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.