Public Relations Account Coordinator at Matter (Portland, OR)
Public Relations Account Coordinator - Hybrid (4 days per week) from Portland, OR.
Matter is an independent and thriving brand elevation agency unifying PR, social media, creative services, search marketing and digital marketing. From fast growth startups to established brands, we work with clients across diverse industries, including technology, consumer and professional services. We immerse ourselves in our clients’ worlds so that we can develop and execute strategic, content-rich campaigns that inspire action and build value through measurable results.
As we’ve grown, we’ve maintained focus on building and nurturing a team-oriented and creative environment because we know that when we tap into our collective brainpower we come up with inspired solutions for our clients and because it makes for a happy place to work. We’re proud of the many awards that we’ve garnered as a Top Place to Work and as a Top Agency in the US, but we’re equally as proud of the many organizations that we’ve helped through our agency-wide volunteer initiative. If you’re the kind of professional that takes their work seriously, but also doesn’t take themselves too seriously, this could be the place to grow your career.
We’re currently looking for a creative, results-focused Account Coordinator to join our team who will play a key supporting role in executing client PR programs through traditional and social media channels. Here’s a mix of what you’ll be doing day to day:
- Produce client status reports and briefing materials for meetings
- Secure client media opportunities in trade, consumer, business media and other outlets
- Conduct reliable and accurate media research (editorial calendars, speaking opportunities, media/analyst list development) and provide teams with industry-relevant news and research
- Monitor clients’ social media presence and draft social media posts on behalf of clients (Facebook, Twitter updates, blogger relations, and more)
- Produce strong written documents, including pitches, speaking opportunity abstracts, client communications, etc.
- Actively participate in client/team meetings, offering creative ideas/solutions
Along with creativity, drive and self-motivation, your previous experience and attributes will include:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant business experience
- 1+ years of PR experience working with b2b and b2c clients via internships, agency experience a big plus
- Strong interest in tech and desire to work with clients in that industry
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Willingness to work in a fast-moving, dynamic, and team-oriented environment
- Ability to work with multiple clients simultaneously
- Excellent organizational skills
- Fast learner with an inquisitive mind and eye for detail
Matter provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.