Product Marketing Manager at SugarCRM
| Houston, TX
Sorry, this job was removed at 2:53 p.m. (CST) on Thursday, March 17, 2022
From the very beginning, SugarCRM had a unique vision: to offer a different kind of Customer Relationship Management (CRM). We pioneered the first commercial open-source CRM platform, and now, more than two decades later, are on a mission to provide products and services that make the hard things easier for sales, marketing and customer service teams. In fact, we help mid-market businesses around the globe reach new levels of performance and predictability by letting our award-winning CRM platform do the work.
Our diverse group of worldwide employees are united and driven by a shared passion for our mission, culture, and values. We treat our employees like humans not line items and are building a culture where your work at Sugar helps fuel personal, professional and business growth – check out our recent ‘Great Place to Work’ certification that we are so proud of. Work/life fit and flexibility for our team matters and together we pride ourselves on solving for our customers, always. What’s more, we empower everyone to do their best work from home, the office, on the road, or anywhere in between.
If you're ready to grow your career and help organizations grow better and faster, you've come to the right place. Find out more about our SugarCRM careers and how you can become a part of our journey.
Product Marketing Managers at SugarCRM are responsible for go-to-market strategy, planning, and execution for a suite of related products. As a key member of our all-star team, you will be deeply involved in all products, marketing, and sales processes, including defining and executing product launches, go-to-market plans; messaging & positioning, pricing, and packaging solutions for optimal market fit; educating and enabling cross-functional teams; identifying and researching market opportunities and threats. Sugar Product Marketing Managers are respected experts on our buyers and external stakeholders and use that expertise to inform our strategic growth plans and enable our go-to-market teams.
In this position, you will be responsible for Sugar’s marketing solution offerings. Substantive experience in B2B SaaS software, from both business process and technology perspectives, is essential. Experience with marketing or sales solutions preferred. From a cultural standpoint, experience and preference for the pace, urgency, role flexibility, and team orientation required at emerging technology companies are necessary for success.
Impact you will make in the role:
- Go-to-Market Plans – Research, author, and execute highly-integrated go-to-market plans incorporating market conditions, segmentation, product capabilities, customer problems/needs, competition, and company strengths and weaknesses. GTM plans are comprehensive and integrated across product investment, strategy, thematic messaging, demand generation, campaigns, programs, tactics, and sales.
- Buyer Personas – Understand and document the buying process and key stakeholders within our target markets. Provide insight into their jobs, objectives, motivations, and pain points.
- Product Messaging – Research and develop solution messaging that aligns with buyer personas and that is compelling, measurably impactful, and differentiated.
- Sales Enablement – Create tools that articulate, reinforce, or prove messaging to facilitate advancing clients through the Sugar sales process, including presentations, solution collateral, case studies, and ROI tools. Work with sales enablement to design and deliver training materials that enable sales wins.
- Competitive Intelligence – Be a subject matter expert on relevant competitors; provide insight on their activities, strategies, impact, and outcomes; and arm internal stakeholders with actionable information on how to defeat them.
- Market and Segment Analysis – Identify, research, and document market opportunities and threats, including segmentation, sizing, trends, solution fit, and vendor ecosystem.
What you need to succeed:
- 3+ years of experience as a product marketing manager or product manager for B2B SaaS technology businesses.
- 3+ years of experience in marketing automation/marketing solutions is highly preferred as marketing technology domain expertise is critical for this role
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in marketing, business, data analytics, computer science, or related fields is required.
- High level of expertise is required in product marketing best practices and standards to assist Sugar in the continuous improvement of its product, marketing, and sales processes.
- Passionate advocate in reaching business objectives who is comfortable taking an active seat at the table with other passionate advocates.
- Excellent communicator and storyteller that can explain complex concepts concisely and articulate points of view persuasively. The ability to communicate effectively with technologists, business managers, and C-level executives.
- A self-starter that, without very detailed guidance, can analyze, plan, lead, execute, and measure complex projects to deliver successful outcomes.
- A big picture thinker who is willing to roll up the sleeves and go deep into technology and processes when necessary.
- Analytical thinker that backs up points of view with meaningful data and has substantive experience and skill with data analysis and tools.
- Ability to schedule and prioritize work effectively to meet critical deadlines.
- A team player with a strong ability and appetite for interacting with external and internal stakeholders and that takes pride in group accomplishment and helping others succeed.
- Preference for North America located candidates who are able to work from home.
More Information on SugarCRM
SugarCRM operates in the Marketing Tech industry. The company is located in Cupertino, CA and Durham, NC. SugarCRM was founded in 2004. It has 535 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 6 open jobs at SugarCRM, click here.
Read Full Job Description