GitLab's DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,400+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
As a Product Marketing Manager (Public Sector), you will bring your knowledge and experience of marketing to regulated industries such as the federal government, to help shape our go to market strategy, messaging, and execution. You will partner closely with Marketing, Product, Engineering, Business Development, Sales, and partners to help them address the unique requirements of this market.What you'll do in this role
- The Product Marketing Manager (Public Sector) specializes in the Public Sector in the United States
- Research and define our enterprise buyer and user personas, their specific needs, pain points, and goals that we can help address.
- Research, document, and operationalize particular customer use cases and problems that GitLab solves.
- Identify and define the key value drivers which differentiate GitLab in the market.
- Partner with sales, product management, customer success, and engineering teams to refine and evolve our product roadmap.
- Develop product marketing collateral such as website pages, blogs, white papers, webinars, videos, decks, and data sheets supporting the buyer's journey communicating the value of GitLab.
- Participate and contribute to field and industry events as a GitLab evangelist and thought leader.
- Develop and deliver product, market, and industry-specific enablement to the GitLab sales team and partners.
- Create campaign messaging and content as required to support ongoing marketing initiatives.
- Develop relationships with analysts and regularly brief them about GitLab’s unique value proposition.
- Document and demonstrate GitLab value in analyst market research reports.
- Support the development of customer case studies and webinars that help to demonstrate the value of GitLab for our customers.
- Participate and support win/loss analysis to understand why we win, where we win, who to target, and what to avoid.
- Support research into competitive threats and challenges to understand how to position GitLab in a rapidly changing market.
- Research and track overarching market trends and patterns.
- At least 5 years of product marketing experience marketing and selling to public sector and/or regulated industries such as financial services or healthcare.
- Deep understanding of Agile and DevOps methodologies across the entire Software Development Lifecycle, especially the processes and controls typically found in large regulated industries such as public sector and financial services.
- Experience marketing and selling to the US Federal Government, DOD and civilian agencies.
- Experience around GSA, Federal procurement and the various buying vehicles to enable growth in software sales via our distribution partners.
- Outstanding English communication skills to explain and translate complex technical concepts into simple and intuitive communications.
- Ability to coordinate across many teams and iterate and deliver in a fast-moving startup environment.
- Proven experience being self-directed and working with minimal supervision.
- Data-driven, and can use data to measure results and inform decision making and strategy development.
- Experience with Software-as-a-Service offerings and open core software a plus.
- Experience designing sales collateral from scratch based on sales conversations, sales calls, product interviews, user interviews, market research, and your own experience.
- You share our values and work according to those values.
- A security clearance is a plus.
- This role will require travel, please review our current travel policy and guidance to ensure you are comfortable with the requirements.
- Ability to use GitLab.
Also, we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.Compensation Calculator
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.