We’re Coinbase. We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 89 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
The Payments team is building towards a world where everyone’s daily financial lives are powered by crypto. We’re launching products that will enable crypto to replace traditional fiat payments, allowing you to spend, send, and receive crypto in the easiest and safest ways.
This role within the Product Marketing team will create consumer marketing strategies for a variety of these products, from sending crypto around the world to getting paid in crypto.
An ability to deeply understand customer needs (both present and future), influence product strategy, and create scaled adoption will be key to success. Bringing a track record of delivering globally-minded, product-focused campaigns will set this candidate apart from the pack.
It is a unique opportunity to shape the future of daily finances, using crypto to solve problems, improve lives, and tell stories.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Develop consumer marketing strategies for payments products.
- Be the voice of the customer and trusted advisor as to how current and future Coinbase user needs and desires inform the product roadmap as well as messaging, brand differentiation, marketing content, and external communications.
- Carry out multiple aspects of the product marketing lifecycle, from branding and positioning to targeted outreach and segmentation strategy, education and engagement campaigns, and partnerships.
- Work cross-functionally with product, design, engineering, brand, communications, customer support, etc. to launch new products.
- Think big about the future of crypto and how it can power our daily financial lives
- Measure and report against the performance of product marketing initiatives.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- 3-5 years of Product Marketing, Growth Marketing, or Product Management experience within a B2C context.
- Ability to stretch up and down the responsibility ladder with a passion for getting things done, whether it’s a big creative strategy project or finessing copy for a blog post.
- Experience crafting & implementing consumer segmentation based on product insights, customer demographics, attitudes, and behaviors.
- Demonstrated track record of crafting customer-oriented campaigns to steer new customer acquisition, deepen engagement, and solidify retention.
- Experience successfully launching products within a consumer tech context, including but not limited to Crypto, FinTech, eCommerce, Consumer Internet, or Retail.
- Sophisticated quantitative and deductive skills. Ability to distinguish between the signal and the noise and make data-guided decisions.
- Outstanding solid understanding of email marketing and social platforms. Experience crafting compelling consumer content strategies would be highly helpful.
- Outstanding prioritization and project management skills.
- Powerful storyteller: written, verbal, and visual.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively across multiple, cross-functional teams.
- Self-starter and ability to build programs from scratch: be ready to roll-up your sleeves and get things done.
Nice to haves:
- You have experience working in crypto, payments, or FinTech
- You have experience working on a global product
- You have a passion for and use dapps and crypto experiences like NFTs and Decentralized Finance (DeFi) protocols, or are a member of a Decentralized Autonomous Organization (DAO)
Sound cool? Let's work together.
Notice for Colorado applicants as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20). Target annual salary for this role performed in Colorado, is $127,075 + target bonus + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k).
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.