Product Marketing Manager, Competitive Intelligence (Remote) at Talend
| Chicago, IL
Sorry, this job was removed at 8:49 p.m. (CST) on Monday, August 2, 2021
WHO WE ARE:
Talend, a leader in data integration and data integrity, is changing the way the world makes decisions.
Talend Data Fabric is the only platform that seamlessly combines an extensive range of data integration and governance capabilities to actively manage the health of corporate information. This unified approach is unique and essential to delivering complete, clean, and uncompromised data in real-time to all.
Over 6,500 customers have chosen Talend to run their businesses on healthy data. Talend is consistently recognized as a leader in its field by Forrester and Gartner.
We pride ourselves in our values of Passion, Agility, Team Spirit, and Integrity. Every one of our 1,400 employees brings a certain je ne sais quoi that makes Talend special.
PRODUCT MARKETING MANAGER
Talend, a global leader in data integration and data integrity, is looking for a Competitive Intelligence Manager to join our growing team based at the Redwood City global headquarters. We’ve been a leader in our space for years, we’re innovating quickly and growing even faster. Remote candidates are welcome to apply too!
As the Competitive Intelligence leader at Talend you will drive our competitive programs and establish new ones. You will craft our competitive positioning and the content strategy to enable the sales teams to compete effectively in the field. In this position, you will work closely with product management, product marketing, sales enablement and field teams to develop and roll-out competitive programs. You will also be seen as the market landscape expert across the company and be consulted for product roadmap, marketing campaigns and GTM competitive sales plays. If this sounds like something you’d be passionate about, we want to hear from you!
Your role at Talend:
As a Competitive Intelligence Manager, your responsibilities will be:
· Be the company expert on market intelligence and enable the entire organization on market landscape and positioning.
· Develop and update competitive content for the field, Executives and the Board quarterly.
· Deliver timely competitive messaging in response to competitive product launches and announcements and support internal product launches.
· Collaborate closely with Product, Product Marketing and Sales Leadership, providing key competitive Sales and GTM insights and recommendations as part of strategic decision making and planning efforts.
· Maintain and create new competitive battle cards, identify our core differentiation - business & technical and competitive customer case studies across all Talend product landscape.
· Drive competitive business programs and play design, content creation, and ensure effective execution and tracking.
· Deliver deal support and competitive expertise to sales teams to craft winning sales strategies and plays.
· Partner with Sales Enablement team to create trainings and enablement by segment/role/function as the company evolve in a variety of modalities and ensure the field can articulate Talend’s commercial and technical differentiation.
· Own our Win Loss program, and leverage insights and findings to enable the field, and inform Leadership.
We’re excited about you if you have:
· Ability to shift quickly between multiple priorities, and balance fire drills against longer-term projects
· 5+ years of recognized competitive analysis skills in enterprise software preferably in data, analytics, integration, cloud, and/or machine learning/AI
· 10+ years of technical, sales, or product marketing experience with databases, middleware, data integration, analytics, developer tools, and/or machine learning.
· Strong business ethics (you are a researcher, not a spy)
· Customer facing experience with data teams, enterprise architects, application development executives, CTO’s, CIOs, business initiative executives.
· Demonstrated portfolio of impactful competitive content - internal and customer facing deliverables.
· Impeccable written and oral communication skills
· Strategic and analytical thinker with the ability to synthesize technology to create competitively differentiated messages and content by persona.
· Displays intellectual curiosity, innovation, creativity, persistence, commitment, passion and optimism.
· BS in Business, Computer Science, Engineering, coupled with relevant professional experience, MBA or advanced degree a plus. #LI-MM2
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- CEO named a 2020 Top Diverse Leader by the National Diversity Council
- 5th consecutive year named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- 3rd consecutive year named as a Leader for Data Quality Solutions in Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- Recognized as a Challenger for Enterprise Integration Platform as a Service (iPaaS) in Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Data Fabric
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
As a global employer, Talend believes our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We want to look like our customers, and we recruit, develop and retain the most hardworking people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Read Full Job Description