WHO WE ARE:
Talend, a leader in data integration and data integrity, is changing the way the world makes decisions.
Talend Data Fabric is the only platform that seamlessly combines an extensive range of data integration and governance capabilities to actively manage the health of corporate information. This unified approach is unique and essential to delivering complete, clean, and uncompromised data in real-time to all.
Over 6,500 customers have chosen Talend to run their businesses on healthy data. Talend is consistently recognized as a leader in its field by Forrester and Gartner.
We pride ourselves in our values of Passion, Agility, Team Spirit, and Integrity. Every one of our 1,400 employees brings a certain je ne sais quoi that makes Talend special.
PRODUCT MARKETING MANAGERPRODUCT ENABLEMENT
Talend, a global leader in data integration and data integrity, is looking for a Senior Product Marketing Manager to join our growing team based at the Redwood City global headquarters. We’ve been a leader in our space for years, we’re innovating quickly and growing even faster. Remote candidates are welcome to apply too!
This is a strategic role as you will be responsible for driving both technical storytelling and sales enablement for all customer-facing roles at Talend. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to collaborate across the business to define how Talend products and features support our top customer use cases, create demo narratives in collaboration with segment PMMs, and technical resources, while shining as a best-in-class example of how to deliver the story. The candidate will help us define and own key technical product enablement programs, such as product narratives and demo frameworks, while also working with our field (including sales, pre-sales, customer success), product organization, and customers.
The ideal candidate will have substantial experience in either pre-sales (solution engineering), sales enablement or product marketing. For this role, we are looking at candidates who have the unique ability to understand customer needs, communicate in terms of business value, create compelling demos and narratives, and conduct engaging conversations with customers, colleagues, and partners.
WHAT YOU'LL BE WORKING ON
· Engage and Inspire the GTM organization to enable confidence and trust in our product portfolio
· Collaborate with Product Marketing to build demo narratives and stories
· Drive product enablement in collaboration with our Sales Enablement team and develop relevant, engaging and quality enablement assets globally, ensuring that we have a process in place to certify, score, and track, in addition to build out a continuous training program.
· Influence product positioning, messaging, product collateral, GTM strategies and work with the Product Marketing team to ensure the best quality content and information is presented to our prospects, customers, and influencers by assuring the right product message is reflected in these assets.
· Enable and coach our sales/pre-sales team and partners for qualifying/disqualifying potential deals, framing the use cases and communicating the Talend value proposition
· Drive collaboration with Sales Engineering and Technical Marketing to influence and validate companywide demos and help build consistency and scale
· Help build demo video assets in collaboration with Technical Marketing, and leverage these in storyboards and various types of sales plays.
· Evaluate industry trends, competitors, and standards and how they apply to Talend's overall product positioning and differentiated messaging and weave that into our storytelling
· Build engaging and compelling enablement programs that help Sales stay informed, gain confidence and help us outperform the competition – e.g. certifications, courses, knowledge quiz, enablement games, etc.
· Work closely with sales and be a representative of the Customer Voice, understand if our products are meeting the Market nee, and providing that feedback to Product Management and Product Marketing.
We’re excited about you if you have:
· Strong spirit of collaboration and proven ability to work across different groups globally
· Highly self-motivated and results-driven with a can-do attitude
· Ability to shift quickly between multiple priorities, and balance fire drills against longer-term projects
· Impeccable written and oral communication skills – proven track record in creating multi-faceted sales and technical enablement material – this is a must have!
· Intellectual curiosity with an innate desire to learn and master market dynamics and competitive advantage
· 10+ years of technical, sales, or product marketing experience with databases, middleware, data integration, analytics, developer tools, and/or machine learning.
· Customer facing experience with data teams, enterprise architects, application development executives, CTO’s, CIOs, business initiative executives.
· Displays intellectual curiosity, innovation, creativity, persistence, commitment, passion and optimism.
· BS in Business, Computer Science, Engineering, coupled with relevant professional experience. MBA or advanced degree a plus. #LI-MM2
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- CEO named a 2020 Top Diverse Leader by the National Diversity Council
- 5th consecutive year named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- 3rd consecutive year named as a Leader for Data Quality Solutions in Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- Recognized as a Challenger for Enterprise Integration Platform as a Service (iPass) in Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Data Fabric
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
Some Cool Perks With Working Here
- An opportunity to work with an international, highly collaborative, and entrepreneurial company with great coworkers who enjoy having fun and working hard
- Competitive salaries and quarterly bonuses for full-time employees
- Comprehensive health insurance available (medical, dental and vision) for you and your family for full-time employees
- Paid time off, sick time, and company holidays, in addition to paid parental leave, bereavement leave, and jury duty leave for full-time employees
- Employer-matching 401K plan
- Commuter benefits, and free employee shuttle to CalTrain for an easy commute anywhere along the 101 corridor
- Weekly catered lunches, which we proudly take the time to sit down and enjoy as a team, weekly rotating food trucks outside our office, and a fully-stocked kitchen with drinks, Philz and Stumptown coffee, healthy snacks, bagels, and candy
- Opportunity to challenge your fellow coworkers to a friendly match of ping pong, cornhole, or foosball in our Game Room
- Free onsite fitness center for employees, and outdoor running trails and full-sized basketball courts
- Working in a new, bright, open-environment and collaborative office
- Choice of MacBook or Windows laptop
As a global employer, Talend believes our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We want to look like our customers, and we recruit, develop and retain the most hardworking people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Read Full Job Description