The Principal Content and SEO Marketing Manager is a strategic role responsible for analyzing opportunities and creating best-in-class content that addresses the needs of developers and technical practitioners. In this role, your key objective is to drive organic growth and conversion through the identification, development, and management of high-value content for our audiences. You will work with product teams to understand the needs of key personas, build and measure buyer journeys, research and maintain keyword lists, measure and report on impact, and manage vendor relationships. Our ideal candidate is a strong content developer with a background in DevOps and/or security; has proven SEO experience; is an avid content & SEO practitioner and evangelist; enjoys analyzing and optimizing, and collaborates easily with internal and external teams. We look forward to meeting you!
- Develop and own quarterly SEO and content calendar; proactively communicate it broadly. Identify, develop and deliver best-in-class content to address target audiences.
- Serve as an SEO/content evangelist, working cross-functionally to instill best practices. Identify gaps in the buyer's journey and drive content roadmap to remediate gaps.
- Track and report on organic traffic performance in addition to conversion performance, session duration and engagement. Analyze and leverage data to find new opportunities for growth and conversion.
- Assess alternative channels and form factors, such as YouTube, podcasts, interactive content, and more.
- Work with editorial teams to implement on-page optimizations and SEO best practices.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and evaluate potential impacts and opportunities.
- Find, assess, and manage SEO and content vendors, contractors, and tools.
- Work with social media and PPC teams to optimize campaigns.
- Proven experience in content development and SEO for organic growth & conversion.
- Outstanding written and verbal communicator and collaborator.
- Solid knowledge of current SEO and content development best practices.
- Experience in Google Analytics, Google Search Console, SEMRush and/or similar tools.
- Analytical mindset yet has a bent toward creativity and is not afraid to push new ideas, concepts, or ways of doing things.
- Experience working with and developing content for developers is a big plus!
- Strong organizational and leadership skills. Customer and audience-focused.
Sumo Logic is the pioneer in continuous intelligence, a new category of software, which enables organizations of all sizes to address the data challenges and opportunities presented by digital transformation, modern applications, and cloud computing. The Sumo Logic Continuous Intelligence Platform™ automates the collection, ingestion, and analysis of application, infrastructure, security, and IoT data to derive actionable insights within seconds. More than 2,100 customers rely on Sumo Logic to build, run, and secure their modern applications and cloud infrastructures. Only Sumo Logic delivers its platform as a true, multi-tenant SaaS architecture, across multiple use-cases, enabling businesses to thrive in the Intelligence Economy.