Principal Associate, Product Marketing-Business Cards & Payments (Washington DC)
Principal Associate, Product Marketing-Business Cards & Payments
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led, Capital One is on a journey to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
The Business Cards and Payments Product Marketing team is a passionate and entrepreneurial team of marketing strategists focused on communicating the value of our business products across our marketing channels to prospective and existing customers.
We are looking for a Principal Associate Marketing Strategist to join our Product Marketing team to help us build and deliver end-to-end marketing strategy for our business and commercial card, capabilities, and payments products. This person will partner closely with product, design, insights, creative, brand marketing, and channel marketing teams to develop go-to-market strategic plans, positioning and messaging, and test and learn agendas aligned to our product roadmaps and business objectives.
- Develop the core positioning, messaging, and creative concepts to instruct all downstream channels about how the product should exist in the market in order to tell consistent and compelling stories across all customer touchpoints.
- Build and execute the cross-channel marketing campaign strategy and creative for products both at launch and in an on-going fashion.
- Partner closely with the Product teams to define the product roadmaps and product brand strategy, develop the go-to-market strategy for those products, and oversee new product launch marketing.
- Partner with the Insights team to deeply understand the target audience, validate product positioning and messaging, and act as the voice of the customer to the organization at large.
- Partner closely with the Brand Marketing and Channels Marketing teams to develop and execute integrated campaign strategies that provide a seamless, high quality experience across pre- and post-acquisitions touchpoints.
- Work closely with internal creative teams and external agencies to bring business intent and product marketing strategy to life via marketing creative. Oversee the end-to-end creative development and execution of marketing materials.
- Assess performance results of marketing campaigns and turn insights into actionable implications to optimize and evolve marketing plans moving forward.
- Keep track of the competitive space to understand how competitors are evolving their product and messaging strategies, and build strategies that position us for success in the market.
- Actively participate in "hub and spoke" integrated teams and represent Product Marketing more broadly with key partners in a highly matrixed environment.
Here's what you'll need to be successful:
- High level of initiative and ownership, ability to coordinate efforts across diverse functional groups
- Ability to self-direct and task switch between strategic and tactical initiatives regularly
- Succinct, focused written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
- Preference to be a member of a lean, nimble team where fast failure, change and evolution is expected and encouraged
- Preference to work on highly ambiguous projects - where you are expected to test hypotheses and stand up best practices that don't exist today
- Diligent listening skills and the ability to adapt approach among diverse audiences to tease out insights and pain points
- High degree of comfort bringing ideas to the table that might at first seem absurd - then quickly build a case for testing and ultimately a recommendation for pursuit, scaling or abandoning
- Confidence to ask hard questions and push into uncharted territories - and not defaulting to the status quo before exploring new paths and quantifying risk / reward
THE BIG THREE:
- Whole Brained - equally analytical and creative, and deftly employing both skills to deliver bold programs that deliver substantive outcomes
- Fearless Leadership - highly-disciplined self-starter with a strong POV who can positively, effectively lead themselves and others, often in ambiguous and/or new territory
- Collaboration & Influence - ability to productively partner with a wide variety of teams across the organization to advance our goals and connect marketing activities to the underlying business strategy
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 4 years of experience defining strategy and launching marketing plans and value propositions in support of product roadmaps and objectives
- At least 4 years of multi-channel digital marketing experience
- 5+ years of product marketing experience in a fast-paced, technology-forward culture
- Experience in B2B marketing or marketing sales support
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at [email protected] . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).