Principal Associate, Marketing and Brand Strategy (Account Management Team) at Capital One (Washington DC)
77 West Wacker Dr (35012), United States of America, Chicago, Illinois
Principal Associate, Marketing and Brand Strategy (Account Management Team)
Capital One, one of Fortune Magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For," is looking for a strategic, collaborative Principal Marketing Associate to join our Partnerships Marketing Account Management Team. In this role, you will be responsible for managing the development and execution of marketing and creative strategies for the Card Partnerships business across multiple channels and customer segments.
- Builds and develops strong relationships with our external Clients focused on reaching our shared marketing objectives and goals.
- Supports annual marketing strategy development planning including compiling previous results and insights, facilitating partner brainstorm discussions and creating final documentation.
- Leads the creative strategy, development and execution for multiple marketing initiatives in both digital and print. Includes developing creative briefs based on project intent, providing feedback to agencies/creative teams throughout development, routing for feedback and ensuring all required updates are made.
- Leverages customer insights, campaign performance results and client needs when developing marketing initiative recommendations impacting marketing plan and/or creative strategy.
- Oversees project management of deliverables, including marketing plans, budget, timelines and results. Responsible for execution and activation of marketing campaigns. Identifies any potential issues and opportunities and appropriately escalates. Develops detailed documentation for team reference.
- Supports leadership with product development efforts including ideation, research, concepting, and go-to-market strategy.
- Takes a holistic and customer-centric view on end-to-end customer experience, including branding and usability.
- Champions the brand, ensuring that all marketing aligns to respective brand personas, voice and style guides.
- Collaborates with multiple cross-functional teams including creative agencies, analytics, research, operations, legal and Clients.
- Note: This role will require 10-20% travel
The Ideal Candidate:
- Thrives on collaboration, the opportunity to build in white space and the drive for results.
- Is a highly effective communicator with written and presentation skills who can influence internal decision makers with formal recommendations and informal networking.
- Is a skilled relationship-builder who can create strong, high-leverage internal networks.
- Has a passion for leveraging data, metrics and insights to drive results and learnings, specifically in digital channels.
- Flexibility and attention to detail. Must be able to manage multiple projects and navigate changing priorities while maintaining excellent work.
- Possesses strong communication and influence skills: verbal and written.
- Bachelor's Degree or Military Experience
- At least 5 years of marketing or project management experience
- At least 2 years of multi-channel digital marketing experience
- At least 3 years experience planning, executing and analyzing marketing programs
- At least 3 years of experience managing creative processes, partnering with creative teams and developing creative optimization frameworks
- At least 2 years in the financial services industry.
- At least 2 years in the retail industry
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at [email protected] . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).