PR Specialist at KAYAK (Miami, FL)
KAYAK, part of Booking Holdings (NASDAQ: BKNG), is the world’s leading travel search engine. With billions of queries across our platforms, we help people find their perfect flight, stay, rental car, cruise, or vacation package. We’re also transforming the in-travel experience with our app and new accommodation software. For more information, visit www.KAYAK.com.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we're able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
KAYAK is seeking a motivated, collaborative, and thorough PR Specialist to provide public relations and internal communications support for the Latin American Market. As a PR Specialist, you’ll use your storytelling and analytical skills to drive awareness of KAYAK, its industry-leading technology. This will include building comms calendars and planning for KAYAK’s LATAM campaigns, partnering with our top-notch data team to find interesting story angles and working cross-functionally to execute integrated marketing efforts. You’ll also provide internal communications support and assist in execution on a global scale. This is a fantastic role for a comms professional who is also excited to help foster the company culture!
The ideal candidate brings proven communications experience supporting both internal and external campaigns. We’re looking for a comms hard worker who can work in a dynamic, detail-oriented environment with an inventive, can-do attitude!
This role is based in our LATAM headquarters in Miami.
In this role, you will:
- Collaborate with the KAYAK data team to identify trends and interesting data-focused stories; use data to develop strategic press releases, pitch angles and drive earned coverage
- Coordinate with agencies the news releases that tell KAYAK’s story and spread the word about its industry-leading tools and benefits
- Assist with managing Mexico, Argentina, Colombia, Peru and Chile PR agencies.
- Secure best in class media coverage for KAYAK in B2B and B2C outlets in Latin America
- Build and maintain relationships with relevant reporters and influencers
- Facilitate integrated marketing campaigns, ensuring that PR campaigns can be used across owned, paid and earned channels
- Develop strategic pitch angles using data, product and execs; crafting press materials and work internally / externally to drive PR coverage
- Prepare messaging/briefing materials for executive spokespeople
- Communicate with partners and internal teams globally
- Identify trends across pop culture, media, tech or hospitality industries to assist in crafting relevant integrated campaigns
- Love news jacking, identify and implement bold storytelling opportunities
- Assist with managing Mexico, Argentina, Colombia, Peru and Chile PR agencies. Coordinate media monitoring vendors, reporting, and analysis
Please apply if:
- 2-4 years of in-house or agency communications experience working on both internal and external campaigns.
- Fluent in Spanish and English.
- Knowledge of LATAM market, culture and nuances.
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to deliver quality work while managing multiple projects.
- Comfortable in a data-driven environment, analyzing and using data for storytelling.
- Ability to work independently and on several competing priorities with high attention to detail.
- Creative, driven, tapped into cultural events, tech and travel trends.
- Solid analytical skills with the ability to quickly identify trending topics.
- Strong writing, editing and messaging skills.
- High level of initiative and the ability to work well collaboratively.
- Passion and knowledge about tech and the travel industry preferred.
- Generous paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Company matched retirement plans
- Health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Headspace Subscription
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
- Weekly Catered Lunches
- Free massages from professional massage therapists
- Universal Paid Parental Leave
Diversity and Inclusion
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more creative ideas, products, and better outcomes for our team members. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform job responsibilities, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
#LI - BB1