PR Manager at Big Health
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:09 a.m. (CST) on Thursday, November 18, 2021
At Big Health, our mission is to help millions back to good mental health. Our digital therapeutics - Daylight™ for worry and anxiety and Sleepio™ for poor sleep - are fully automated cognitive and behavioral programs that are as scalable and clinically validated as drugs. Our software combines the intimacy of the human voice, engaging animation, and clinically rigorous techniques to help people overcome their mental health challenges.
We're hiring a PR Manager to work closely with our Director of Communications to support the strategic public relations and communications that will shape and grow the Big Health brand through traditional media, social media, speaking opportunities, and awards. This is an exciting opportunity to work with an award-winning communications leader and build an in-house communication team at a high-growth company in a burgeoning industry.
Big Health a remote-first company headquartered in San Francisco, and this role can be remote anywhere in the US. Join us!
As the PR Manager, you will:
- Support strategic public relations and communications functions
- Cultivate and grow the executive profiles of key company leaders through traditional media, social media, speaking, and awards
- Identify and craft company, executive, and team awards
- Cultivate and manage relationships with industry reporters
- Prep and brief executives for media interviews and speaking opportunities
- Book and staff high-impact speaking opportunities
- Build and manage PR reporting
To be successful in this role, you have:
- 3-5 years of experience at a PR agency, on an in-house communications team, or as a reporter
- Effective communication skills with a penchant for writing
- Knowledge of the media landscape and an understanding of the healthcare industry
- Experience managing social media channels for companies and/or brands
- Experience working with business leaders and executives, both internally & externally
Life at Big Health
- Be part of a team that includes clinical psychologists, software engineers, business leaders and even a former professional magician [shh… it’s a secret]
- Surround yourself with the smartest, most enthusiastic and dedicated people you’ll ever meet, but who listen well, learn from their mistakes and when things go wrong, generously pull together to help each other out
- Check out our values - they’re a living, breathing part of our culture
- Enjoy benefits including a generous vacation policy, professional development fund, flexible working locations and more
Because we are on a mission to bring millions back to good mental health, we believe it’s essential to reflect the diversity of those we intend to serve. We’re an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building a culturally and experientially diverse team that leads with empathy and respect.
Additionally, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Big Health participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with Form I-9 information from all new employees to confirm that they are authorized to work in the U.S. Big Health does not use E-Verify to pre-screen applicants.
Read Full Job Description