PR Manager at ActiveCampaign (Remote)
As a global multicultural company, we are proud of our inclusive culture which embraces diverse voices, backgrounds, and perspectives. We don't just celebrate our differences, we believe our diversity is what empowers our innovation and success. If this matches your goals and interests, we hope you consider joining our team!
As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently, and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 150,000 today to millions.
ActiveCampaign is seeking a PR Manager who will help elevate brand awareness across North America through securing speaking engagements, awards and media relationships. In this role, they will work closely with the Global Head of PR to drive a comprehensive public relations program. They will also coordinate with the ActiveCampaign marketing and executive team, other internal stakeholders, our public relations agency, reporters, influencers and customers to drive awareness of ActiveCampaign.
The ideal candidate is an outstanding connector, storyteller, and thrives in a rapidly-scaling environment. They thrive in a fast-paced tech environment, bring creative solutions and stories and are growth-minded. They will have experience with events and awards programs, writing, and are eager to learn and share the ActiveCampaign story to support the growth of the organization.
What your day could consist of:
- Partner and manage relationships with North American agencies
- Build and own relationships with key media and influencers
- Refine stories and pitch media to build brand awareness that drives sales, recruiting, and retention
- Share product launches and company announcements with the media
- Create and publish press releases, contributed articles, and thought leadership blog posts
- Own North American speaking engagement program for our thought leaders
- Own awards programs- including trade awards, corporate awards and best places to work
- Work to leverage our small business customers across North America to share how ActiveCampaign has helped grow their business
- May also support the international PR teams with global announcements that are relevant to their regions
- Collaborate with our go-to-market teams to tell compelling stories about our product, messaging and industry
- Develop and maintain relationships across our internal thought leaders to capture their insights and share with media and influencers
What is needed:
- 5+ years of public relations experience, preferably in an agency
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, high-growth environment under tight deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Proven success obtaining press for a scaling SaaS company
- Superior verbal and written communications skills - must be an exceptional writer and copy editor who can turn complex topics into compelling messaging
- Strong track record of success using PR to elevate brand awareness, position an organization as a market leader, and drive inbound interest
- Prior experience managing communications for technology companies that serve marketers
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. You can see more of the details here , but some of our most popular benefits include our comprehensive health and wellness benefits (including no premiums for employees on our HSA plan, tele-health and tele-mental health, and access to the Calm app for meditation), open paid time off, generous 401(k) matching with no vesting, a generous stipend to outfit your remote office, and a focus on career growth including access to personal and professional coaching. We take a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion and offer parental leave, career pathing, and support employees' ongoing learning and development through Udemy and access to life coaches via Modern Health. We also offer cool swag.
ActiveCampaign is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, pay, grow and promote no matter of gender, race, color, sexual orientation, religion, age, protected veteran status, physical and mental abilities, or any other identities protected by law.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) strive to foster a diverse inclusive environment by supporting each other, building a strong sense of belonging, and creating opportunities for mentorship and professional growth for their members.
Our core values:
Start with trust
Make the customer a hero
Cultivate inclusion & diversity
Iterate everything, always
Pursue growth with gratitude
Visit here to learn about perks and benefits at ActiveCampaign and see our values in action.