PR Manager at Own Company (New York City, NY)
Own is the leading data platform trusted by thousands of organizations to protect and activate SaaS data to transform their businesses. Own empowers customers to ensure the availability, security and compliance of mission-critical data, while unlocking new ways to gain deeper insights faster. By partnering with some of the world’s largest SaaS ecosystems such as Salesforce, ServiceNow and Microsoft Dynamics 365, Own enables customers around the world to truly own the data that powers their business.
It’s their platform. It’s your data. Own it.
Own, a leading data protection platform, is seeking a skilled and dynamic PR Manager with agency experience to drive the company's external communications strategy and enhance its brand reputation.
In this role, you will reports to the VP of Communications and play a crucial part in elevating Own's market positioning through strategic storytelling and media engagement. We are looking for a passionate and creative communicator who can leverage their experience in the agency world to shape compelling narratives and secure impactful media coverage. As the PR Manager, you will collaborate closely with executives and cross-functional teams to craft comprehensive communications strategies and build strong relationships with key consumer, business, and financial press.
Your Day-to-Day Role
- Develop and execute a global communications strategy to drive business objectives and enhance the Company's reputation.
- Collaborate closely with executives and cross-functional teams to craft comprehensive communications strategies that align with Own's vision and business priorities.
- Utilize your agency background to build and execute communications strategies and engagement that resonate with the unique communication style and preferences of Own's executives.
- Lead C-level external communications activities, including crafting messaging platforms, arranging media interviews, securing speaking opportunities, and developing bylines.
- Amplify employment branding and recruitment communications in partnership with the Internal Communications and HR teams.
- Provide guidance and support to the Executive Leadership Team for media, corporate, and crisis communications, leveraging your agency experience to navigate complex scenarios effectively.
- Develop an earned media relations strategy, leveraging your agency network to secure high-level placements across digital, broadcast, print media, and podcasts.
- Establish best practice ways of working and communication processes across the organization to optimize communication effectiveness.
- Act as an ambassador for Own's culture, maintaining consistent transparency, voice, and tone across all communications and channels.
Your Work Experience
- 3-5 years of communications experience, with a significant background in agency work.
- Proven ability to work alongside executives as a trusted advisor, showcasing your expertise in agency-client relationships.
- A balanced approach of strategic vision and tactical execution, reflecting your experience in crafting effective communication campaigns.
- A track record of success in working with top-tier business and financial reporters resulting in impactful media coverage.
- Ability to create and execute comprehensive external and internal communications strategies and compelling narratives that align with business objectives and values.
- Strong understanding of crisis management and ability to develop proactive and reactive communication strategies and messaging.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills honed through collaborating with diverse stakeholders.
- A demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines and handle concurrent demands.
- A proactive, can-do attitude. Someone who is willing to roll up their sleeves and get things done.
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Journalism, Communications, or Writing/English; or an MA, MS in a related field.
This is a full-time position. The ideal candidate will work out of our Englewood Cliffs, NJ office a minimum of 3 days per week to maximize collaboration and interaction with the business. Travel may be required.
Own is dedicated to creating an environment where employees thrive, which is why base pay is only one part of the total compensation package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work. This role may also be eligible for unlimited PTO, generous medical benefits, a 401(k) savings plan with a 4% employer match, discretionary bonuses/incentives, and stock options. We also offer catered lunches in the office five days a week, a full fitness center, and free shuttle bus service to and from New York City.
Creating an environment where employees thrive also means making sure every employee feels accepted. As we scale to help all types of companies protect precious data, our team must reflect the diversity we serve. Own is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that every employee in the company brings a unique perspective that they can and should contribute in order to make an impact every day. We strive to be one team and one culture that builds trust through transparency. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.
Learn more at owndata.com.