PR & Communications Specialist (Remote) at Drata
Drata is looking for a PR & Comms Specialist. This person will be a key member of the marketing team at a fast-growing, Series C B2B SaaS startup. We’re looking for someone who identifies as a ‘doer,’ has a passion for B2B tech PR, and excels at storytelling. We pride ourselves in our ability to move quickly and get the job done, and are committed to making sure every team member is set up to exceed expectations and learn and grow in their role. This role reports into the Senior Communications Manager, and will work very closely across several functions within our Marketing team.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with our US and UK PR agencies on media activity/strategy, outreach, and results
- Work cross-functionally with marketing, security, and leadership to generate new PR ideas and strategies that communicate the brand story
- Write press releases for product and company announcements and blog posts as needed
- Support thought leadership program by writing/editing commentary, quotes, and bylines when needed, tracking opportunities, and ensuring deadlines are met
- Own speaking and awards program
- Track, measure, and communicate PR results
- Support Demand Gen/Events team with PR/media strategy for relevant trade shows
- Work with PR/Comms Lead in shaping our brand story
What you’ll bring:
- 3 - 5 years of public relations and communications experience, preferable with some agency experience
- Superior research and written/verbal communications skills
- Ability to write and translate technical content
- Demonstrated history of developing and executing media strategy
- Must be a self-starter who excels at multitasking and thrives in a super fast-paced environment
- B2B tech PR experience preferred
- Health & Wellness: 100% coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans - for employee and dependents + on demand health care concierge
- HSA, FSA, & DCFSA: Pre-tax savings plans for healthcare and dependent care
- 100% paid short and long term disability plus life + AD&D benefits
- Learning & Development: $500 annually towards professional development opportunities + $250 annually towards personal development opportunities
- Flexible Time Off: Flexible vacation policy for strong, fully charged batteries
- 16 Weeks Paid Parental Leave: An inclusive policy to ensure you have time with your newborn, newly adopted, or foster child
- Work Remotely: Flexible hours and work from home + $1,000 annually to cover necessary business related items for your home office
- Charitable Giving Program: Up to $500 match for qualified charities
- 401K: Reach your financial goals while reducing your taxes
This role will receive a competitive base salary, benefits, and equity. The applicable salary range for each US-based role is based on where the employee works and is aligned to one of 3 tiers based on the cost of labor for that geographic area. The expected salary ranges for this role are set forth below.
Tier 1: $101,150 - $124,950
Tier 2: $91,035 - $112,455
Tier 3: $80,920 - $99,960
You can view which tier applies to where you plan to work here. A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s leveling and compensation–including a candidate’s professional background and experience. These ranges may be modified in the future and final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed above.
Please continue to apply if you are unsure that you fit into our compensation structure.
Drata is on a mission to help build trust across the internet.
Drata is a security and compliance automation platform that continuously monitors and collects evidence of a company's security controls, while streamlining compliance workflows end-to-end to ensure audit readiness.
We all recognize the importance of earning and keeping the trust of our customers when it comes to protecting their data. We've felt firsthand how burdensome achieving and maintaining a strong security and compliance posture can be at a fast-growing company. It’s a manual, redundant, error-prone, and unscalable process - and it only grows more complex and expensive over time.
Our team of SaaS, security, compliance, and audit experts have built a better way - with automation.
Employment at Drata is based solely upon individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. We strictly prohibit unlawful discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, veteran status, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy status, sex, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, or any other characteristics protected by law. We also make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under laws protecting the rights of the disabled.