PR and Communications Manager at Qwick
Qwick is changing the way people work. We connect food & beverage Professionals who want on-demand work with the businesses that need them through a technology-driven, app-based staffing platform. Our unique matching algorithm pairs top-rated, high quality Professionals with shifts that match their skillset. If you're eager to make a difference in the gig economy, love what you do, and lead with empathy and transparency, we would like to hear from you!
Our cultural values are an important part of who we are and what we're building:
- Free to be us - We embrace diversity within mindsets, ideas, race, culture, background, and the things that make us uniquely us.
- Hustle responsibly - We work hard and we make time to rest and play in order to stay our best.
- Stand up for what's right - We don’t just do the right thing, but we hold others accountable to act with integrity as well.
- We are human - We act with compassion to take care of ourselves, our team, our families, our Business Partners, and our Professionals.
- Constantly curious - We seek knowledge from within and outside of Qwick and are continually learning through our successes and challenges.
- Never give up - We welcome change, celebrate failure, and always keep moving forward.
Are you a driven and curious storyteller? Do you flourish in a collaborative and innovative environment? Are you ready to engage with agency teams, and partner with internal teams, executives, and subject matter experts to identify, package, and pitch powerful Qwick stories? We are looking for a highly creative and extremely detail-oriented professional to lead our Public Relations efforts and help build a following and enthusiasm around Qwick.
Functions of the Role
- Mapping out strategic PR plans based on corporate initiative, company announcements, and timely events in relevant marketplaces alongside our PR firm
- Utilizing pitching and storytelling skills to secure coverage across all forms of earned media including, broadcast, print, and web in national and local media outlets
- Creating PR strategic goals & OKRs and updating press measurement tools to track and report on the success of the campaigns
- Writing press releases, bylines, media alerts, and email pitches as well as creating and maintaining our press kit
- Mapping out our local PR strategy in the markets that we serve in tandem with managing our current PR firm
- Securing and managing media interviews, providing excellent counsel and guidance to spokespeople alongside successfully managing complex, fast-moving, and unexpected communication challenges
- Identifying appropriate spokespeople for media opportunities and gathering information in a timely manner from relevant teams
- Traveling likely 5%-10%
Requirements and Qualifications
- 3-5 years experience in Public Relations
- Preferred hospitality experience and an understanding of the hospitality landscape
- Excellent writing skills with a fine eye for the details
- Experience working with company executives in regards to interviewing prep, media opportunities, and ghostwriting
- Demonstrated authentic and transparent communication style with great interpersonal communication skills
- Experience drafting external and internal communications, creating pitches, and coordinating interviews/ reporter requests
- Preferred location Phoenix or willing to relocate
Full-Time Employee Benefits Include:
- Competitive pay + Employee Stock Option plan
- Work from home flexibility
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Life Insurance + 401k
- Unlimited paid time off
- Paid family leave
- Employee support resources
- Short- and long-term disability benefits
Qwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class.