Partner Marketing Lead, Beauty at Afterpay
| San Francisco, CA
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:43 p.m. (CST) on Tuesday, September 21, 2021
Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Founded five years ago in Sydney, Australia, Afterpay has over 13.1 million active customers globally and more than 74,000 of the world’s best retailers around the world including Anthropologie, Revolve, DSW, GOAT, Finish Line, Levi’s, Mac Cosmetics, Ray-Ban and many others. Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
Afterpay is completely free for customers who pay on time – helping people spend responsibly without incurring interest, fees or extended debt. Afterpay empowers customers to access the things they want and need, while still allowing them to maintain financial wellness and control, by splitting payments in four, for both online and in-store purchases. Afterpay is deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers. We are focused on supporting our community of shoppers.
We trust in the next generation and share a vision of a more accessible and sustainable world in which people are rewarded for doing the right thing.
As the Partner Marketing Lead, Beauty, you will be responsible for the omnichannel (online and stores) marketing success for our largest and most strategic relationships within the beauty vertical. This is a multi-faceted role that will call upon your experience leading cross-functional marketing strategy and delivering against executional KPIs.
As the Lead of the Beauty Vertical you will work in close collaboration with your peers across the Sales and Client Success functions in an agency-like structure to own the commercial success of this business.
We are much more than our job descriptions, but here’s where you will begin….
- Own the marketing success across online and stores for the Beauty Vertical
- Bring fresh, new and innovative thinking with an experimental approach in developing strategies and programs that drive growth cross owned and partner campaigns
- Work in collaboration with Brand, Studio, Growth & CRM leads to develop content and campaigns that drive merchant and Afterpay growth through a creative lens
- Strategically and creatively partner with retailers on marketing programs that deliver against partnership goals (i.e. new customer acquisition, sales) from creative concepting to launch, and analysis.
- Serve as the Partner Marketing vertical expert and develop best practices that scale across regions
- Support Sales in the pitch process by leveraging expertise and deep insight of the vertical to drive creative concepting, ideation and positioning, resulting in pitch materials that will help win new business
- Manage the structure and performance of the team: coaching, developing and building capabilities aligned to business strategy
- Manage overall budget for the vertical, from media mix to tracking and analyzing campaign performance at the merchant and portfolio level
- Take a data driven approach to identifying opportunities for measurable improvement in how we operate across our merchant mix.
- Support the broader marketing team and represent our Partners’ perspective in various internal forums
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to build, monitor and enhance our offering with the goal of merchant retention, share of cart growth, marketing efficiency and brand preference.
Who are you?
We’re looking for ambitious, exceptionally smart and strategic people who are excited to drive business results in creative and agile ways. Like us, you’ll be deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for our partners and customers and passionate about shaping the future of Afterpay.
- Extensive experience (12+ years) leading and delivering large end-to-end integrated marketing programs with a track record of innovative and successful campaigns
- 10+ years of experience in beauty retail with prior agency experience strongly preferred
- Smart, energetic, full of ideas and passionate about what you do
- Entrepreneurial spirit, creative, ability to think innovatively
- Data driven and analytical with a strong commercial background
- Highly-driven leader with a demonstrated ability to inspire and get the best out of those around them
- Excellent relationship management skills; proven ability to collaborate, influence and challenge recommendations
- Articulate communicator with experience presenting results, insights and recommendations to senior stakeholders
- A hands on person that isn’t afraid to jump in and do-the-doing
How we reward you. We have a pay for performance culture so you can expect to be rewarded for high performance. We pride ourselves on fairness and offer a competitive total reward package made up of salary, incentives and benefits including the opportunity to enroll in our share matching plan.
We have a strong focus on health and wellbeing at Afterpay as we aim to support you to succeed in both your career and personal lives, such as providing employees with a corporate membership to Headspace. We offer a wide range of insurance programs so you have the flexibility to choose what is best for you. Afterpay covers 100% of the employee cost and 75% of the cost of your dependents.
We value diversity and a collaborative and inclusive environment where everyone feels they belong is important to us.
How to Apply: We don’t know what the future holds. That’s the exciting part; we show up and make it happen. If you’re brave, if you’re committed to doing the right thing and excited by this opportunity, click apply now!
Afterpay is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new team members, in addition to current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
Read Full Job Description