Paid Social Media Lead at DataCamp (Remote)
DataCamp is on a mission to make the world data fluent by building the future of scalable data education, assessments, certification and collaboration tools for data professionals. Since our launch more than 10 million learners around the world have completed hundreds of millions of DataCamp content items, and over 2,500 businesses and government entities worldwide use DataCamp to make their teams and organizations data fluent.
We will be massively scaling those numbers in 2022 and beyond, and want you to be a part of it!
About the role:
We seek a Paid Social Media Lead who will become DataCamp’s authority on all social media channels. In this role you’ll be committed to driving DataCamp’s user acquisition efforts, all the way from awareness to subscriptions.
You'll lead our day-to-day paid social media output across all of our platforms; planning content around key consumer & cultural moments, tailoring campaigns around social and harnessing the power of trends and new technology.
This role will report directly to the VP of Growth, and later to the Head of Performance Marketing. Under your leadership DataCamp will become known for its engaging audience-led content and a space for a global community to come together and celebrate data science.
- Develop and lead DataCamp’s global paid social media strategy and execution
- Process and communicate a strong understanding of paid social channels, with a particular focus on Meta (Facebook and Instagram)
- You will build and manage innovative consumer focused social campaigns from scratch with a core focus on KPIs (traffic, registrations, trials, subscriptions)
- You will work collaboratively with our internal teams to ensure maximum cross channel efficiencies
- Ability to identify new opportunities, test, learn and maximise performance.
- Test creative, targeting and landing pages to ensure the best results
- Communicate effectively with other teams (engineers, designers, marketing strategists, translations) to ensure great cross-functional efforts
- You’ll monitor media buying strategies and keep up to date with industry research, audience and distribution figures
- Regularly report on the performance and ongoing optimisation
The Ideal Candidate:
- Experience in leading paid social media strategy and execution for at least 5 years (for a tech company or agency)
- You have proven success in driving growth paid social media that has positively impacted business success (for a tech company or agency)
- Both a strategic and creative thinker - you have the ability to work independently and collaboratively - understanding the happy marriage between planning ahead and being able to adapt to the ever changing world of social
- A solid understanding of user experience journeys, you can drive traffic effectively and efficiently to key website and digital product touchpoints
- You prefer detailed, granular segmentation to broad brush campaigns
- You have a high attention to detail and an understanding of ‘what great looks like’
- You’re transparent, share data, and discuss what’s not going well as well as what is
- Excellent organisational skills and effective multitasking; including project management and prioritisation, implementation of quarterly planning and approving daily content
- Experience in building and maintaining solid relationships with account management contacts at key social media platforms and brands
- Proficient working with data; especially within social platforms and supporting social listening tools; plus an ability to adapt to project management tools such as Monday.com
- A natural leader and people manager, you are excellent at finding the right people and being able to motivate, lead, nurture and empower people
- Experience with budget optimisation and management for paid media campaigns
Please visit here for more information about our Hiring Process.
What's in it for you:
In addition to joining a creative and international start-up, you’ll enjoy:
- A very competitive salary and stock options for permanent employees
- An exciting job that will offer you technical challenges every day
- Flexible working hours
- International company retreats
- Conference and hardware budget
- Working with a great team (everyone says this, but we’re serious—we’re pretty great)
DataCamp is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.