Marketing Specialist, Invest at M1 (Chicago, IL)
Who We Are
M1 Finance has created a personal wealth-building platform made for the modern era, uniting personal perspective and automated ease. We seamlessly combine free investing, low cost borrowing and digital checking all in one intuitive, automated Finance Super App, and we’re driven by a mission to empower personal financial well-being. We believe that financial well-being is fundamental to overall well-being, and we strive to deliver products that are simpler, smarter, and stronger than those created by our competitors.
Our clients have already trusted us with over $6 billion of assets, we’re currently helping hundreds of thousands of people grow and manage their wealth with our industry-leading automation and tools, and we’re adding thousands of new clients every day.
We’re looking for passionate people who want to improve and build on what we’ve created and take responsibility to help others build something meaningful and sustainable for their futures.
We mean it when we say, “M1 is yours to build.”
If this sounds interesting to you, read on!
What we are looking for
We are looking for a passionate, detail-oriented, analytical, resourceful and customer-centric marketer to join our Customer Growth function within Marketing, which is responsible for driving healthy customer funnel progression across our multiple products via an integrated multi-channel messaging strategy. This role will be responsible for building out marketing programs to drive growth across the customer lifecycle focused on driving sign-ups, activation, cross-sell and retention. They will also manage the tactical execution of these programs across multiple-channels & cross-functional teams, execute promotions, perform A/B tests and track segment KPI performance – in order to deliver a top-notch personalized experience for our customers and drive growth.
Our ideal candidate is a Swiss-army-knife lifecycle marketer – a data-driven performance marketer, with a successful track record of designing & driving high performance programs in a fast-paced environment, with a strong understanding of the supporting data & systems; equally adept at defining & communicating strategy and at getting their hands dirty to build campaigns. Experience in financial services and knowledge of finance products would be a big plus.
What you’ll do
- Execute multi-channel marketing campaigns to drive growth metrics, owning the execution end-to-end
- Create cross-sell, up-sell, retention, engagement & promotional campaigns to drive continuous improvement in funnel conversion metrics
- Manage the end-to-end execution of programs, covering journey maps, project briefs, testing & targeting plans, messaging plans, campaign operations, post-campaign reporting – while ensuring clear and timely communication with stakeholders
- Collaborate effectively with cross-functional stakeholders such as Brand, Creative, Communications, MarTech, Analytics and Customer Success to launch campaigns effectively and measure performance
- Identify growth opportunities using performance data that inform future marketing actions
- Partner with Product, Engineering & Operations to roll out features that will support growth objectives.
- 3-5 years of experience in B2C demand generation, lifecycle, growth, or email marketing in a high-performing team and company or agency with aggressive growth goals
- Proven experience in developing customer journeys, executing marketing campaigns, and A/B testing
- Expertise in using ESPs or similar marketing automation technology; extra points for Salesforce expertise
- Ability to develop messaging strategy and creative brief for campaigns
- Strong understanding of multi-channel marketing preferred (Email, Push Notifications, Paid Social)
- Analytical and structured thinker who can conceive salient ideas from complex information and clearly communicate those ideas to stakeholders
- Experience with analytics and data tools, with big plus for proficiency with tableau and capabilities to write queries against a data set
- Experience and understanding of the full marketing funnel will be a plus
- Experience and understanding of finance or the finance industry is a plus. Demonstrated interest in personal finance is a big plus
- An entrepreneurial mindset and willingness to challenge the status quo, while seeing the positive and opportunity in challenges.
M1's Commitment to Diversity
M1 is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate different experiences and we're committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) at all levels of the company. Women, minorities, veterans, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. With our three DEI task forces (internal education, recruiting, and community involvement) and five Employee Resource Groups (Mental Health, Pride, Black, Latinx, and Women at M1), M1 employees and leaders set aside company time to tackle DEI projects and achieve goals every quarter.
Our team embodies our eight core principles and if these principles speak to you – we’d love to talk with you.
- Mission Driven: We will passionately apply ourselves to deliver immense value to our customers, knowing if they succeed, so too will the company
- Extreme Ownership: We think and act like owners. Our focus is building long-term value, not scoring short-term marks. We own everything in our domain, including the outcome and everything that affects it
- Boldness: We want to do things of consequence. Make a difference. We would rather fail at something meaningful than succeed at something trivial
- Bias for action: The best way to make progress is to act
- Economical: Efficiency is important, and we consider both the costs and benefits of our actions
- Team-oriented: In working together, we maintain a low ego, make everyone feel welcome, assume good intent, trust one another, and seek out different perspectives. We empower our teammates to be at their best.
- Challenged, but not overwhelmed: We are curious people who always want to grow. Growth happens outside our comfort zone. We achieve our potential through consistent, manageable growth
- Integrity: We do the right thing. When we make mistakes, we own and correct them. We would be proud of our actions are shared with our family, friends, and strangers. Everyone can count on us to act according to our values, beliefs, and principles we state we hold. This trust must never be broken.
- Competitive Pay and Stock Options
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- Retirement benefit with employer match
- Unlimited PTO
- $500 to spend on home office equipment while working from home
- Stylish M1 swag
- Socially distant team outings, celebrations, and events
- Transparent and open communication with leadership
- Office in the Loop with a Game Room and Gym