Marketing Segmentation Specialist at Informa (Remote)
Come play a key role within Informa's Aviation Week Network team, the industry leader in aviation and aerospace media, business intelligence and events. We provide business-critical information, predictive intelligence and connections to opportunities and people. Delivering award-winning journalism, deep data and analytics, world-class events, and content-driven marketing services, our core principle is helping our customers succeed by enabling them to Know, Predict and Connect.
Informa is one of the world’s leading knowledge providers. We create and deliver highly specialized information through publishing, events, training, market intelligence and expertise, providing valuable knowledge to individuals, businesses and organizations worldwide.Job Description
We are seeking candidates for a Marketing Segmentation Specialist. This highly motivated individual will be responsible for building segmentation of our audience in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment. This role will be primarily working with audience behavioral, demographic, and firmographic data to craft hyper-segmented audience profiles and personas tailored to the specific product offerings of the business. Successful candidates will have a passion for analyzing data and proven experience in basic audience segmentation.
- Develop meaningful database segmentation that translates into a tailored campaign and program experience for audiences that span across specific market segments, industries, and roles.
- Assess impacts on the business both technically and operationally and recommend improvements to the audience segmentation process
- Oversee marketable database and segmentation filters for building and analyzing target audiences
- Gather, analyze, and present requirements using industry best practices utilizing recognized analysis methodologies (Use Cases, User Stories and Business Rules)
- Collaborate with Marketing and cross-functional teams to analyze data and identify possible process improvements and/or system enhancements that result in maximizing efficiency, productivity, and effectiveness.
- Identify opportunities, provide recommendations, and carry out initiatives to improve processes, realize business efficiencies and introduce automation
- Develop and provide support to business stakeholders regarding insights into audience profiles,
- Build strong working relationships with key stakeholders to understand business processes and capabilities related to a variety of business units
- Contribute to relevant meetings and provide subject matter expertise working with divisional teams on ad-hoc projects related to database health, segmentation practices, and overall business improvements.
- Four-year degree (BA, BS) in business, marketing, or a similar field
- 1+ years’ experience in any related occupation performing audience segmentation or audience targeting for digital marketing purposes
- Experience in extracting data from relational databases, either through SQL queries or defined segmentation tools
- Excellent Microsoft Excel or similar spreadsheet program skills, primarily with large datasets
- Logical, strong attention to detail with the ability to assess a problem and define and implement a solution
- Has worked within an SLA or deadline focused environment
- Experience of working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to be flexible and deal with changing priorities and timelines/due dates
- Excellent English written, oral, and interpersonal communication to both technical and non-technical audiences
- SQL skills and/or exposure to relational databases
- Experience in event-related occupations, either physical or digital
- Marketing Automation experience, primarily through Eloqua or Marketo
- Experience with Web Analytics, particularly Google Analytics and Adobe Analytics
- Understanding of data protection laws; CAN-SPAM, GDPR, CASL, Data Protection Act, Spam Act of 2003, etc
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and other development/training opportunities
- Health and Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, eye)
- 401K and Matching
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Generous PTO policy
- Work-life balance
- Additional discounts through various partnerships
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.