Marketing Operations Manager at DigitalOcean
Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.We want innovators who are passionate about seeing our customers succeed at scale.
We are looking for an experienced marketer with a passion for helping developers and small businesses succeed with cloud technology. You are well-versed in marketing technology, with an emphasis on marketing automation and systems. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Growth Operations, you will play a leading role in maintaining and improving our marketing systems and integrations. You will work with a variety of teams including Data Engineering, Lifecycle Marketing, Sales Operations, and Marketing Analytics to ensure that our Marketo instance is best in class. You will have the opportunity to improve and reimagine our systems to enable the Growth Marketing team to do their best work.What you’ll be doing:
- Exemplifying Marketing Operations best practices: Manage day to day system administration, monitor data quality and sources, optimize our Sales lead flow and processes, and proactively find and fix bugs
- Managing the technical aspects of our Marketo instance: Optimize and maintain existing solutions including integrations between Marketo and Salesforce, and evaluate new solutions and technology to enable Marketo users
- Sourcing and Maintaining data: Manage our data pipeline to Marketo, find requirements for new fields, and ensure that data is up-to-date and accurate
- Working cross functionally: Build a feedback loop with stakeholders to maintain marketing systems and identify areas for process efficiency and improvement
- Overseeing vendor relationships: Evaluate new marketing vendors, manage procurement and renewal processes
- Experience maintaining marketing systems: Hands-on experience maintaining a marketing automation platform (preferably Marketo) including: day to day administration. Salesforce integration maintenance, data management, experience with data privacy best practices, and more
- Knowledge of data flow: Understanding of how user data flows between core systems; data warehouse, Segment, CRM (Salesforce), and marketing automation platform (Marketo)
- Project management: Strong attention to detail and ability to understand and plan against cross-dependencies to drive projects forward; experience with JIRA a plus
- Collaborative expertise: A proven track record of working cross-functionally to execute improvements in marketing systems is a must
- Digital marketing knowledge: Understanding of channels outside of email, such as paid advertising, content/SEO, or channel marketing
- Strategic thinking: Ability to go above and beyond by leveling up the quality of of the marketing systems that support our team’s work
- Domain experience: Experience marketing cloud solutions to developers and businesses; familiarity with cloud infrastructure a plus
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym stipend to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC and Cambridge, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For all CO residents, please click here
Department: Marketing #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Marketing team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!