Marketing Manager, EMEA at Calm
Who We Are:
At Calm, we have a simple, albeit BIG mission: to make the world a happier and healthier place. Through our website, blog, and app—filled with meditations, sleep stories, music, movement, and more—we’re redefining what mental care looks like in 2021 and beyond. With over 100 million users worldwide, 100,000 new users daily, and our growing partnerships with major companies, we’re having a positive effect on more and more people each and every day. And while the heart of Calm is digital, we are growing and expanding offline with a variety of products and services to help deliver on our mission of health and happiness, the world over.
What We Do:
Calm’s marketing team is working to lead the conversation around mental health and mindfulness. We’re curious about our consumers, their challenges, and how Calm can be a true tool for change. We are a highly cross-functional and collaborative team, developing work that sparks a cultural dialog, expands what Calm is in the minds of consumers, and makes meaningful connections to the brand across the globe.
What You’ll Do:
Mental Health is Health. Our mission at Calm is to make the world a happier, healthier place.
At Calm we are dedicated to bringing mental health content to the entire world. As such, we’re expanding our team globally and are hiring a Marketing Manager reporting into the Marketing Director, EMEA.
This role will be responsible for supporting the Director to bring the international Marketing strategy to life via impactful comms and integrated campaigns. This role will support initiatives and priorities across our key international markets with a focus on activations in the UK. The ideal candidate will have experience working both in local markets and with global teams. They will feel comfortable with big picture thinking, understanding company priorities and strategy whilst applying this to tactical projects. They will be detail oriented, an excellent communicator and expert executor.
We are looking for an exceptional marketeer who has proven experience shaping and executing scalable and culturally potent campaigns. While happy working autonomously you will be a team player who thrives on collaboration, you will partner with channels spanning; Content, PR, growth, lifecycle, B2B, social & editorial, CI and partnerships. You will be experienced in utilizing insights and data to shape work that drive awareness, engagement, and brand love to Calm.
The ideal candidate should be comfortable overseeing creative resources and partner workflow in multiple regions, and, most importantly, possess a deep passion for the mental health and wellness space.
- Implementing the International strategy on a regional and local basis
- Working with agencies to drive creative development and campaign strategy forward under guidance from the Director
- Managing the day to day workflow and budges of agencies and contractors across multiple territories
- Working with cross functional stakeholders to define and support key priorities
- Activating initiatives in local regions
- Managing testing programmes with UA and CI teams. Demonstrating the ability to utilise results and make clear creative recommendations impacting future tactics
- Working closely with Consumer Insights across audience segmentation, marketing hypotheses and testing roadmaps to gain deep insight into regional audiences
- Liaison with our content teams to maximize visibility and impact of key launches
- Development of campaign briefs and post activation retrospectives in tandem with Marketing Analytics
- Monitoring competitor and cultural trends
- Management of marketing budgets
Who You Are:
- You have great passion for building brands in the digital environment
- 6+ years of experience in marketing or brand, globally and ideally with at least some exposure to EMEA and across multiple countries
- You understand strategy and insights and can use both to push creative development forward
- Excellent brief building abilities, ensuring we always stay audience and insight-centric
- Experience using insights effectively to understand audiences and drive creative development
- Efficient! You’ve managed large scale integrated 360 global or multi-regional campaigns that include a mix of ALT channels and video / TV production
- Experience managing agencies and creative/production partners effectively
- Experience working closely with media and performance teams, delivering through the funnel across all paid touchpoints
- Comfortable working with all owned and earned channel to ensure synergy throughout campaign planning and execution
- The ability to drive multiple projects forward at pace, utilising data to shape the work and make informed decisions and recommendations
- You are interested in trends; cultural, celebrity, marketing and wellness. You understand what drives conversation and excellent work
- A great communicator, with good presenting skills and a strong ability to build relationships with key partners across different levels
- Experience running budgets and tracking
- Confident when it comes to taking risks, trying new things, and learning from failure
- A genuine and authentic passion for supporting mental health and wellness practice
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Experience working closely with growth, UA and lifecycle teams across creative development, testing and activations
- Experience of digital product development in order to understand the processes and flexibility needed to work with teams during upstream development
- Fluency in a European language is advantageous, e.g. French, German, Spanish
We believe that mental health is health, and every person should be considered in the discussion. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Calm is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, both in our hiring practices and in our experiences as a Calm employee. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, and experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and discrimination.
Calm is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. Please inform Calm’s Recruiting team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.