***Le poste étant situé aux États-Unis, la description de poste est disponible uniquement en anglais.***
***As this position in based in the United States, the job description is available in English only.***
Marketing Manager – Drawn to Life
We are looking for our next Marketing Manager to join our dynamic Marketing team, supporting Drawn to Life in Orlando, FL. The Marketing Manager for Drawn to Life will be responsible for developing and implementing marketing strategies inclusive of traditional and digital advertising, media planning/production, experiential marketing, social media content, promotions and market research. Working with key partners from Walt Disney World, they will strive to maximize revenue, average ticket price and occupancy for the show while protecting and enhancing both the Cirque and Disney brands. The ideal candidate will have an analytical mindset, with strong negotiation and presentation skills who can work through ambiguous tasks while maintaining a professional demeanor.
Why join us as a Marketing Manager?
- To market for a premier entertainment company;
- To sever as a partner with Disney brands;
- To join an innovative team.
The Marketing Manager will have the opportunity to:
- In collaboration with Walt Disney World and Cirque du Soleil partners and leadership, develop and implement strategy for the show’s advertising, media plans and promotions as well as manage related messaging;
- Proactively manage the brand and graphic standards for the Drawn to Life show, including keeping creative fresh and compelling as well as differentiated from other entertainment ensuring necessary approvals are obtained, and any issues are addressed. Prepare creative briefs as needed to inform creative development;
- Manage the creation, production and implementation of marketing materials for show including digital advertising, printed materials, signage, social content, broadcast, and outdoor advertising, and any other mediums that may be in the approved plan;
- Monitor the effectiveness of advertising and social media efforts, making recommendations for revisions as necessary. Where possible, set up metrics to receive direct feedback. Demonstrate a strong understanding of the target audiences, using research and insights to inform plan development. Develop specific strategies and plans to ensure optimal results from all audiences including locals and in market tourists;
- Maintain awareness of show story, acts and Artists to serve as spokesperson to both internal and external partners;
- Oversee 3rd party contractors, production partners and support teams, as well as coordinate with internal and external partners and contracted clients to drive experiential marketing initiatives;
- Continually deliver on expectations of partners, senior management, internal departments and Walt Disney World through clear, concise communication. Share results by highlighting successes;
- Implement partnerships with key brands that align with Cirque du Soleil shows and Walt Disney World to cross promote and expand the brand awareness to identify audiences; Seek out innovative ideas for new Marketing activities, vendors and and/or partners to increase visibility of RSD shows and their Sales objectives;
- Proactively participate in partner strategy meetings with Disney to develop and assess new and ongoing opportunities for digital and traditional advertising, media, production, market research, and promotions;
- Work with internal and external partners, agencies and vendors to influence the development and deployment of annual media budgets, as well as pricing and promotional plans;
- Seek input from internal Marketing team, partners and agencies to develop strategies to capitalized on opportunities or address shortfalls vis a vis revenue, occupancy and average ticket price goals. Actively participate in the development of comprehensive strategies to continually improve results;
- Maintain a strong in-person presence at Disney Springs and at the show with the goal of maximizing opportunities and leading the way with innovative ideas that contribute to achieving the show KPIs;
- Implement, track and optimize in-market and WDW on-property initiatives to drive day-of ticket sales;
- Work with Social and Digital Media team on content generation and fulfillment;
- Complete other job-duties as assigned.
What does it take for this role? The following hard skills are the basics of what’s needed to be successful in this position:
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing and/or Communications;
- At least 6-8 years’ experience in entertainment marketing, advertising, or agency experience;
- Strong understanding and previous experience with Experiential Marketing;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.);
- Ability to create and maintain solid business relationships, both internally and externally, to promote and encourage a positive and productive work environment;
- Great organizational skills and the ability to multi-task;
- Previous experience in driving ticket sales and revenue is preferred;
- Availability to travel as required;
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken;
- Verification of the right to work in the United States for Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group, as demonstrated by completion of the Form I-9 upon hire and the submission of acceptable documentation (as noted on the Form I-9) verifying one’s identity and work authorization;
- Although not a pre-employment condition, this position requires you to be fully vaccinated. If requested, reasonable accommodations will be considered.
As you can imagine, working with a circus can be quite different from other organizations, and at Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group, we embrace these differences loudly with enthusiasm. We realize that one size fits none and invite you to come create your own specialized experience with us to see exactly what we’re talking about, first hand.
Our emotion-provoking shows are just the tip of the iceberg: laced throughout our organization, you will find creative minds who are empowered to use their voices and be themselves, their truest selves. Diversity to us means various perspectives, fresh ideas and continuous improvement of the way we do things. We won’t pretend like we have every answer, that’s why we need you! The employees here are the center of what we do, the voices behind the final product and amazing performances on stage.
When you think of your ideal workplace, what comes to mind? For us, it looks (and really is) like this:
- Teamwork – we thrive with collaborative teams, regardless of titles or departments;
- Respect – when we ask someone to join our team, it’s because we trust and respect you;
- Integrity – whether you work behind-the-scenes or in the office, you’re being counted on. We are a team and integrity go a long way here, and like we mentioned previously, trust is important;
- Authenticity – we want you to bring your full self to work, this is a place where you don’t need to fit into a box to belong; diverse perspectives foster even more creativity in the workplace. We embrace the human behind the employee number;
- Being heard – you have access to everyone in the organization, use your voice on development questions or suggestions on how to improve the experience. We value open and transparent communication and we want you to be heard!
Come create with us and let us show you what a “circus family” feels like!
Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, creed, color, age, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, national origin or ancestry.
Read Full Job Description