Marketing Manager, Database at Pythian (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:33 p.m. (CST) on Wednesday, June 8, 2022
Marketing Manager, Database and Infrastructure
Location: North America | Remote | Work from Home
Reporting Relationship: Senior Vice President, Marketing
As a Marketing Manager for Database, you will be responsible for the marketing activities related to Pythian’s database services and offerings. Reporting to the SVP Marketing, you'll develop innovative marketing strategies that position Pythian as a category leader and drive market engagement, thought leadership and demand.
You show exceptional attention to detail, along with the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities and Voice of Customer insights into benefits for a range of audience types. You will collaborate with experts across the organization -- in Sales, Business Development, Offering Management, Technical Teams and Marketing -- to position and promote Pythian’s database capabilities.
If this is you, and you wonder what would it be like to work at Pythian, reach out to us and find out!
What will you be doing?
- Work hand-in-hand with Offering Management to develop positioning and messaging that differentiates our solutions in the market.
- Thought leadership and content creation - write product descriptions, data sheets, articles, and web content, along with product videos and demos.
- Market/competitive intelligence – develop buyer personas, how they buy and their buying criteria; provide expertise on competitors and how to win.
- Develop and execute marketing strategies with a goal of driving market leadership, customer acquisition, lifting conversion rates, increasing engagement to ultimately growing revenue.
- Develop and execute go-to-market strategies including targeting, positioning and messaging.
- Work closely with Sales, Business Dev,Offering Management, Marketing and technical teams, you will develop, implement and manage digital campaigns to drive sales of our service solutions.
- Other duties, as assigned by one’s Manager.
- Your Job Description is also subject to modification from time to time by Pythian to meet its business needs.
What do we need from you?
- Relevant Bachelor's degree in Marketing or equivalent combination of experience and education will also be considered.
- 5+ years of marketing experience in the IT or software sector, complemented by exceptional communication and writing skills and a desire and ability to learn about marketing on the job.
- Proven written communication skills.
- Very comfortable producing content that positions solutions and communicates technical information to a range of audiences - from business and IT executives to IT technical professionals.
- Demonstrated comfort with marketing highly technical services solutions.
- In-depth knowledge of marketing principles and practices such as the 4 Ps of marketing.
- Ability to interact with staff, colleagues and cross-functional teams, and third parties.
- Expertise in the various database technologies (Oracle, SQL, MySQL, Mongo, Cassandra, Hadoop, etc) and infrastructure services, as well as an understanding of cloud solutions leveraging Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure are an asset!
What do you get in return?
- Love your career: Competitive total rewards package with an annual bonus
- Love your development: Hone your skills or learn new ones with our substantial training allowance; participate in professional development days, attend conferences, become certified, whatever you like!
- Love your work/life balance: Why commute? Work remotely from your home (forever), there’s no daily travel requirement to an office! You can be located anywhere in Canada, all you need is a stable internet connection.
- Love your workspace: We give you all the equipment you need to work from home including a laptop with your choice of OS, and an annual budget to personalise your work environment!
- Love your community: Blog during work hours; take a day off and volunteer for your favorite charity.
Pythian excels at helping businesses use their data and cloud to transform how they compete and win in this ever-changing environment by delivering advanced on-prem, hybrid, cloud and multi-cloud solutions to solve the toughest data challenges faster and better than anyone else. Founded and headquartered in Ottawa, Canada in 1997, Pythian now has more than 300 employees located around the globe with over 350 clients spanning industries from SaaS; media; gaming; financial services; e-commerce and more. Pythian is known for its technology-enabled data expertise covering everything from ETL to ML. We pride ourselves on our ability to deliver innovative solutions that meet the specific data goals of each client and have built meaningful partnerships with major cloud vendors AWS, Google and Microsoft. The powerful combination of our extensive expertise in data and cloud and our ability to keep on top of the latest bleeding edge technologies make us the perfect partner to help mid and large-sized businesses transform to stay ahead in today’s rapidly changing digital economy. If you are a Cloud Architect; live in anywhere in Canada; love your data and want to love your career then join us!
For this job an equivalent combination of education and experience, which results in demonstrated ability to apply skills will also be considered.
Pythian is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
The successful applicant will need to fulfill the requirements necessary to obtain a background check.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in their country of residence permanently– Pythian will not relocate, sponsor, or file petitions of any kind on behalf of a foreign worker to gain a work visa, become a permanent resident based on a permanent job offer, or to otherwise obtain authorization to work.
No recruitment agencies
More Information on Pythian
Pythian operates in the Analytics industry. The company is located in New York, NY. Pythian was founded in 2022. It has 426 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits, Life Insurance and 401(K). To see all 53 open jobs at Pythian, click here.
Read Full Job Description