Marketing Manager - Affiliate Shows Division (Las Vegas, NV or Remote)
| Las Vegas, NV | Remote
We are looking for our next Marketing Manager to join our VStar Marketing team. The main objective of this role is to serve as overall marketing manager and external liaison to venue partners and market media sales representatives for the presentation of VStar Entertainment Group engagements. Manage the creation, planning, selling, execution of multi-media sales and marketing campaigns designed to generate maximum ticket sales. Lead evaluate and guide tour marketing initiatives along with voicing marketing and promotional ideas for company-wide partnerships.
The Marketing Manager will have the opportunity to:
- Lead the day-to-day revenue management operations including PriceMaster (if applicable), inventory management, and optimization of revenue;
- Develop overall marketing strategy for each assigned engagement, including advertising plans, promotional campaigns, sponsorship development, grassroots and third party/retail partnerships and any other strategies supporting ticket sales of theatrical and exhibit tours;
- Negotiate paid advertising buys, trades and promotions with all primary media for best overall value and most competitive rates to enhance and promote assigned engagements, with input and approval as appropriate from venue partners;
- Work in conjunction with Booking Manager to establish ticket pricing, scaling, discounting and performance scheduling and coordinate any other fees or charges which must be consistent with overall corporate policy and procedure. Consult with Operations department as needed;
- Maintain an understanding of the contractual agreements for each engagement, such as rental vs. co-pro contracts, box office charges, facilities fees, etc. Consult with Booking Department as needed;
- Establish a good working relationship with venue partners, media sales representative and local market sponsors;
- Work closely with Digital Marketing to develop revenue-generating plans for each assigned market;
- Proof website listings, graphic requests, and press releases to follow proper licensing brand guidelines and accuracy;
- Pursue additional trades with secondary media to supplement paid advertising/promotion schedules;
- Oversee group sales campaigns, Groupon, or other secondary ticketing relationships for each engagement to ensure a timely and integrated sales effort;
- Work with VStar publicists to support news coverage to enhance the marketing campaign for each engagement;
- Coordinate engagement activities with road staff, including but not limited to promotional events, final advertising settlement, publicities, group events and any venue requirements in conjunction with these efforts. Attend engagements as appropriate;
- Reconcile all advertising invoices, affidavits and tear-sheets required for finalizing budgets and compile a comprehensive recap of advertising for presentation to Company Manager at show settlement;
- Approve final invoices and adjust paperwork for final ad spend tracking for engagement settlements;
- Generate a complete recap of marketing campaign for assigned engagements at the conclusion of each run;
- Research pursue and secure cash and promotional sponsors for individual engagements. Execute sponsorship agreements and reconcile necessary back-up;
- Additional duties: sales forecasting and budgeting, sponsorship support, sales spreadsheets and reports, market research, philanthropic partnerships, plus others as assigned;
- Evaluate current pricing strategies, on-site signage, special pricing packages, and overall patron experience to maximize positive client interaction and positivity on social media;
- Continue to examine existing media buying strategies and promotional efforts to increase awareness of local events;
- Work with production, operations, merchandise, booking, to visualize and bring to fruition V.I.P. patron experiences;
- Complete other job-related duties as assigned.
What does it take for this role? The following hard skills are the basics of what’s needed to be successful in this position:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or equivalent work experience;
- At least five years of previous work experience in entertainment marketing, live events, venue ticketing and/or box office; and/or media buying; live touring entertainment experience a plus;
- Excellent organizational and communication skills to function effectively within department work center and across all business units departments; attention to detail while meeting targeted deadlines;
- Advanced Excel skills required;
- Excellent customer service skills and have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft tools; (Word, PowerPoint, TM1 Ticketing and PriceMaster);
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken;
- Where permitted by applicable law, must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for employment;
- Verification of the right to work in the United States for VStar Entertainment Group, as demonstrated by completion of the Form I-9 upon hire and the submission of acceptable documentation (as noted on the Form I-9) verifying one’s identity and work authorization.
As you can imagine, working with a circus can be quite different from other organizations, and at Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group, we embrace these differences loudly with enthusiasm. We realize that one size fits none and invite you to come create your own specialized experience with us to see exactly what we’re talking about, firsthand.
Our emotion-provoking shows are just the tip of the iceberg: laced throughout our organization, you will find creative minds who are empowered to use their voices and be themselves, their truest selves. Diversity to us means various perspectives, fresh ideas and continuous improvement of the way we do things. We won’t pretend like we have every answer, that’s why we need you! The employees here are the center of what we do, the voices behind the final product and amazing performances on stage.
When you think of your ideal workplace, what comes to mind? For us, it looks (and really is) like this:
- Teamwork – we thrive with collaborative teams, regardless of titles or departments;
- Respect – when we ask someone to join our team, it’s because we trust and respect you;
- Integrity – whether you work behind-the-scenes or in the office, you’re being counted on. We are a team and integrity go a long way here, and like we mentioned previously, trust is important;
- Authenticity – we want you to bring your full self to work, this is a place where you don’t need to fit into a box to belong; diverse perspectives foster even more creativity in the workplace. We embrace the human behind the employee number;
- Being heard – you have access to everyone in the organization, use your voice on development questions or suggestions on how to improve the experience. We value open and transparent communication and we want you to be heard!
Come create with us and let us show you what a “circus family” feels like!
Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, creed, color, age, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, national origin or ancestry.
Read Full Job Description