Marketing Copywriter at Paystand (Salt Lake City, UT)
Paystand is a hungry, fast-growing, Series-C startup with three locations! Nestled in the beautiful Santa Cruz mountains, just south of Silicon Valley is where we started. We have our offices in amazing and historic Guadalajara Mexico and Salt Lake City with the dramatic backdrops of the mountains of Utah.
Our mission is to unlock capital efficiency for enterprise businesses through our transformative “Payments as a Service” platform. Our smart billing and payment network uses revolutionary internet, blockchain, and FinTech services to digitize receivables, automate processing, reduce time-to-cash, lower transaction costs, and produce new revenue for our clients. Paystand is venture-backed, having been consistently recognized as one of the top innovators in FinTech, and fastest growing companies in the world.
Role at a glance
We’re looking for a creative thinker with excellent writing skills and in-depth experience in building and managing a brand’s voice across multiple products and audiences to help us elevate all of Paystand's written communication.
As our full-time, in-house copywriter and a core member of the marketing team, you will write and edit copy for a variety of projects (including press, content, web, print, video, and social media), working closely with the internal and external teams to brainstorm ideas, build concepts, and develop messaging. The most successful copywriter will be a quick learner with a versatile writing style.
- Develop Vial’s brand voice guidelines to ensure consistency and effectiveness
- Continue to shape and evolve the brand voice across all channels and storytelling touchpoints, including email, social media, content, online video, events, and collateral
- Help establish sales and marketing collaterals
- Conduct audits and editorial oversight of all written content
- Lead necessary research and employ data to test and optimize messaging
- Collaborate with the design, product, sales, and leadership team to produce engaging and impactful content for web, social media, and offline
Who You Are
- You are known for your quick wits, sense of humor, and endless curiosity.
- You have strong copywriting samples executed across multiple media with a clear affinity for driving growth.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment with a high-volume workload often requiring short turnaround times.
- You have a healthy obsession with optimizing content and ad copies to maximize impact; along with a voracious appetite for validating your idea through A/B testing.
- You live by the rule of brand guidelines but are flexible and agile enough to go against the grain to create something exceptional.
- 2+ years of experience in brand marketing, advertising, digital marketing, marketing communications, or related fields.
- 2+ years of experience in copywriting and content development within an agency or in-house marketing environment.
- B2B Finance, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, ERP experience preferred.
- Salary + competitive equity in a high growth-stage startup
- Stock Options
- Flexible and Generous PTO (vacations)
- Opportunity for advancement & growth in a rapidly expanding team
- Mentorship, learning & education programs
- Smart, motivated team that likes to have fun
- Mission-driven culture, where your work matters
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of dedication, impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We want you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we’re looking for. We also know that diversity of background and thought makes for better problem solving and more creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team. We look forward to hearing from you.
Availability - Bay area/Scotts Valley, CA. Salt Lake City area, UT. Guadalajara, MX.
(This is not a remote position)***No recruiters please***
Only English resumes will be considered.