Marketing Content Manager at Acquia
Acquia empowers the world’s most ambitious brands to create digital customer experiences that matter. With open source Drupal at its core, the Acquia Digital Experience Platform (DXP) enables marketers, developers and IT operations teams at thousands of global organizations to rapidly compose and deploy digital products and services that engage customers, enhance conversions and help businesses stand out.
Acquia has been named a top software company by The Software Report, rated a leader by the analyst community, and named a top place to work by the Boston Globe and the Boston Business Journal. We are building for the future and we want you to be a part of it!
Acquia is searching for a content manager to join our communications and content team. The individual will be responsible for writing and maintaining editorial content on Acquia’s public-facing properties, including proposing and writing content that reinforces the Acquia brand and supports our business efforts. The ideal individual will also be SEO-minded and able to optimize content for discoverability and reach.
We are looking for experience in writing, editing and proofreading content specifically related to digital technology, marketing and customer experience. This position will require you to extract the expertise that’s sitting inside colleagues’ minds and desktops, recreating it into various content pieces. The content produced will be used by marketing and sales, including e-communications, marketing collateral, website copy, blog posts and other content that showcases Acquia as a thought leader and influences peer-to-peer discussions.
Who is Acquia? We empower the world’s most ambitious brands to create digital customer experiences that matter. Thousands of organizations globally use our cloud-based software to rapidly compose and deploy digital products and services. We believe in the power of community, and live by our “core DNA,” which injects creativity, commitment, integrity and enjoyment into everything we do. Our DNA celebrates how every Acquian, including you, can be a unique contributor.
- Work with the director of editorial content to develop a content strategy and calendar aligned with business objectives.
- Write impactful content in support of demand generation, brand awareness and thought leadership positioning.
- Edit documents for grammar, style and content, ensuring compliance with brand style guide.
- Optimize content according to the latest SEO best practices and based on web traffic and audience engagement analytics.
- Partner with marketing peers to drive the distribution of the content through inbound and outbound marketing programs, social media channels, PR and internal channels.
- Become highly proficient in publishing content in the Drupal content management system.
- Maintain and organize our editorial calendar and libraries.
Skills and attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, writing, marketing, communications, journalism or a related area
- 3+ years experience in marketing, publishing, communications or related fields, preferably within the tech space
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including excellent proofreading skills (writing samples will be required)
- Knowledge of the marketing industry and digital technology trends, and experience writing on these topics
- Experience and high comfort level working with technical information, including translating technical information into non-technical content
- Experience working with Drupal or a similar content management system
- Knowledge of best practices with writing engaging content
- Basic understanding of SEO and how best to optimize digital content
- Exceptionally organized and detail-oriented
- Flexible, positive self-starter and team-player with creative abilities
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines, multitask and work under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skills, especially when dealing with vendors, customers, senior executives, sales teams and business partners
- Experience working on or with a marketing team and familiarity with aspects of a campaign process
- Strong computer skills and working knowledge of Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc.
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.