Who We Are:
Sendoso is where you go to build something bigger than yourself. We’re a Series C company with $152M in venture capital funding with more than 800+ customers and 20,000 active users, and multiple revenue streams. Our company is on an unprecedented growth trajectory and we’re looking for people who want to do great things.
Sendoso is the leading Sending Platform that delivers modern direct mail, personalized gifts, eGifts, and other Physical Impressions™ at scale. This makes it possible to build stronger, deeper, and more trusted relationships that move everything up and to the right! Our award-winning Sending Platform connects online and offline experiences via cloud software, automation, and real-world logistics—a feat that few companies have achieved.
Our mission statement is to help companies rise above the noise by eradicating spam and elevating relationships. Our goal is to enable businesses everywhere to make more human connections in a digital world.
About your role:
We’re looking for an organized, highly collaborative, and enthusiastic Marketing Communications Specialist to join our content team. The ideal candidate has deep empathy for customers, believes in Sendoso’s mission, and knows how to define and deliver high-quality content in multiple forms.
A huge part of this role is to lead and craft email communications and work closely with internal teams to successfully deliver emails on a timely basis (sometimes in an emergency). This is a collaborative role working with various teams, including our leadership team, Customer Success, Sales, Marketing Operations, Demand Generation, and Product Marketing.
You will also be responsible for writing and editing content in various formats including blog, website landing pages, and more. You will work within the content team to deliver content, communicate with writers and editors, and contribute to campaign projects.
Who you are:
- You have stellar writing skills! You can write and copy edit at a moment’s notice.
- You love to tell stories! You are a storyteller who can take complicated subjects and turn them into content that is engaging and personal to the audience.
- You are creative and love to brainstorm, experiment, and think outside the box. You’ll be working within the content team, so creativity is a must!
- You thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. Deadline-driven.
- You are process-minded, always looking for opportunities to improve how the team collaborates.
- You have a deep understanding of target persona needs and actively search for new trends and opportunities.
- You have a deep understanding of email analytics and how it works. You aim to achieve high open and click rates. Subject titles are important to you.
Your Typical Day:
- Help execute our content email strategy and maintain our publishing calendar to align our content priorities and goals.
- Writing and editing copy for customer-facing and digital communications.
- Collaborate internally and with external industry experts to produce relevant content that meets the needs of both key stakeholders and our audience.
- Craft and create emails using Marketo. May need to work with Design to create email templates.
- Managing, organizing, and prioritizing requests for content with other writers and content managers.
- Maintaining a consistent tone of voice across channels and writing for various teams
- Working with internal teams to get necessary approvals and sign-offs on email communications
- Tracking, analyzing, and improving content and email metrics over time. You understand email segmentation, engaging subject titles, open and click rates, and lead generation through emails.
- At least 3-5+ years of professional writing experience in a consumer-facing role
- Experience writing for cross-channel campaigns including email, in-app, push-notifications, website, etc.
- Ability to take sophisticated, technical information and turn it into compelling and easy-to-understand language for the customer
Bonus Points If...
- Portfolio of work demonstrating creative and customer-focused copy for digital campaigns
- Previous experience in crisis communications
- Have you used Marketo or Asana? You will here!
- Loves data!
- Previous journalism experience gains extra points!
What We Believe:
• Conquer Giants! We get things done. Moxie is in our DNA, and we’re breaking down the barriers that separate the world.
• One Team! Everyone belongs here, and whether it is your first day or you’re the CEO, your voice and ideas matter to us.
• Relationships Matter! It’s a cluttered, digital world out there, but our connections are real. We’re all humans, so we treat each other and our customers like humans too.
• Reinvent! Forget thinking big. We think meteorically by redefining what’s possible and shaping the future of human connections.
What You’ll Love:
• Comprehensive Medical Plans plans - we've got you covered
• Take-What-You-Need Time Off
• Vacation Bonuses 2X/Year
• 401K Plan
• FSA Plan
• Employer-paid membership to One Medical
• Volunteer Time Off
• Birthday Time Off
• Generous parental leave benefits for both birthing and non-birthing parents
• Access to Employee Assistance Programs (EAPs)
• Fitness discounts through ClassPass
• End-to-end family planning discounts through KindBody
• Discounted pet insurance through PetPlan
• Free and discounted legal benefits through Rocket Lawyer
• Financial wellness benefits through SoFi
• Team Outings
We're currently working from home due to Covid-19, and the following will apply once we're safely back in the office:
• Catered Lunch & Breakfast
• Dog Friendly Offices
• Collaborative Office Space
• Stocked Kitchen
Sendoso is an Equal Opportunity Employer: we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.