Marketing & Communications Specialist I at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Strategic Operations (StratOps) Strategic Support Unit, consists of Washington DC Operations, Marketing & Communications and Strategic Development. The StratOps team promotes and elevates the business within our markets, works with customers and competition to influence and drive the growth of Ball Aerospace and facilitates collaboration across the business enterprise to increase opportunities.
Marketing & Communications Specialist I
Ball Aerospace is searching for an experienced, results-oriented Marketing & Communications (MarCom) Specialist I to join the MarCom team.
As part of the MarCom team, the Marketing & Communications Specialist’s primary purpose is to educate, inform and engage all Ball Aerospace team members through internal communications, as well as support external communications. This position will also be responsible for supporting two key teams for all communications needs: Information Technology Solutions (ITS) and Integrated Supply Chain (ISC). This position reports to the Senior Manager, Employee Communications and Public Relations.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with the Senior Manager, Employee Communications and Public Relations to develop and align communications strategies and messaging with Ball Aerospace branding and strategy.
- Collaborate with internal and external resources and subject matter experts to create content for internal, external, targeted and enterprise audiences.
- Write, format, proofread, gather approvals, and disseminate a variety of communications for multiple channels and audiences.
- Serve as a full-time MarCom liaison to the Information Technology Solutions (ITS) and Integrated Supply Chain (ISC) teams, which includes:
- Be a partner for ITS and ISC Leadership and team members
- Maintain effective working relationships and understand the unique needs of ITS, ISC, contractors and team members across the business to produce effective and relevant communication strategies
- Consult and partner with ITS and ISC leaders, managers, subject matter experts and team members to assess communications needs aligned with Ball’s strategic goals
- Engage with subject matter experts within MarCom to develop communications, messaging, graphics, photography, video, specialized content, and other materials to support the needs of ITS and ISC.
- Edit content to ensure Ball style, voice, brand, and culture are incorporated in all communications
- Lead the ITS and ISC communications, including planning, conceptualizing, writing, scheduling, gathering approvals and dissemination of internal and external communications
- Own and execute multiple complex and comprehensive communications plans that drive organizational change and adoption, with attention to cadence, audience, timing, project, and business needs, etc.
- Write simple communications based on complex, technical information with many moving parts and input from multiple teams
- Collect analytics, assess metrics, and evaluate verbal and written feedback to continuously improve projects and communications
- Build, research, write and execute complex communication plans that include emails, presentations, articles, blurbs, newsletters, team announcements, communication plan overviews, project rollouts, critical incidents, signage, etc.
- Support ITS and ISC events and presentation
- Assist MarCom with enterprise-wide special events or projects as they arise and perform other duties as necessary.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in a related field.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Degree in marketing, communications, journalism, public relations, or related field is preferred.
- Familiarity with Microsoft SharePoint and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate multiple complex projects at one time.
- Comfortable with change as priorities evolve.
- Excellent communicator, attention to detail, creative.
- Writing and editing; experience writing for different audiences using different methods of communication.
- Knowledge on internal/employee communication best practices, strategies, and tactics.
- Strong interpersonal skills: the ability to collaborate with individuals and teams at all levels, whether internal or external to Ball.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member.
- Project management skills.
- Public speaking skills.
- Ability to execute quickly, creatively, independently, and well.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills, with the ability to manage multiple and shifting priorities and projects.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Self-motivated and proactive.
- Ability to quickly learn new skills, new products, or technical knowledge.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $49,000 - $66,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.