Marketing Communications Manager at Helix
You + Helix
Helix is a place where innovators and doers gather in order to drive significant progress in population genomics. We have come together to work at the intersection of clinical care, research, and genomics.
If you’re excited by the idea of making a meaningful impact and joining a team where we pride ourselves on driving innovation through fostering an environment with an emphasis on empowering one another to grow, Helix might be the place for you!
Helix + The World
Our end-to-end population genomics platform enables health systems, life sciences companies, and payers to advance genomic research and accelerate the integration of genomic data into routine clinical care. We support all aspects of population genomics from recruitment to translational research and help our partners use genomics to improve health outcomes, increase patient engagement, and lower costs. Leading health systems, including Renown Health, AdventHealth, and Mayo Clinic, use our population genomics platform to power some of the world’s largest and fastest-growing population genomics initiatives.
For the COVID-19 public health crisis, Helix has built one of the nation’s largest COVID diagnostic labs and has been on the leading edge of national viral surveillance efforts tracking B.1.1.7 and other viral strains.
As the Marketing Communications Manager at Helix, you will play a critical role in defining the voice at Helix by developing and executing our communications strategy with enterprise customers as well as with on-the-ground healthcare providers and patients. From optimizing our channel strategy, to auditing and helping to manage and develop our content for lead generation, to finding creative ways to drive engagement and awareness with healthcare providers, this role will touch and influence all parts of our marketing strategy and execution.
As the Marketing Communications Manager you will:
Own our overall communications channel strategy, including digital, in order to increase engagement with current and future B2B customers
- Lead the development of Helix’s enterprise-focused communications strategy across paid, owned and earned channels, prioritizing needs based on industry trends, customer feedback, emerging research, and evolution of Helix’s products and platform
- Own the execution of this strategy, including gathering input and feedback from key Helix stakeholders, managing the editorial calendar, and helping to develop content in partnership with other marketing team members as well as cross-functional stakeholders
- Develop and manage the distribution of content through Helix’s owned channels, including:
- The Helix website and blog
- Social media platforms
- Email communications to enterprise customers, healthcare providers, and patients
- Partner with other marketing team members to maintain and prioritize list of external conferences that Helix should have a presence at, identifying and executing ways to drive awareness at these events
- Work with CRM and analytics tools to measure and monitor the impact of our efforts in each channel and propose adjustments to strategy as necessary
- Work with other marketing team members to develop content for distribution across third party channels to drive awareness and generate demand, including case studies, testimonials, press releases, and more
- In collaboration with partner marketing, support the communications and content needs of our health system and life sciences partners as they engage and educate healthcare providers and patients participating in their population genomic initiatives
- Mission-oriented, with a deep passion for improving people’s lives through DNA
- At least 4 – 6 years of marketing experience working in the healthcare and / or life sciences space
- Strong understanding of major marketing communications channels, how to work effectively with external partners and measure quantifiable impact
- Ability to communicate both clinical and scientific content in a digestible format, including product sheets, pitch decks, white papers, etc.
- Ability to change priorities quickly and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done; thrives in a high-growth environment
- Willingness to contribute in a variety of ways, even if outside formal responsibilities
- BA or BS required
The ideal candidate will have:
- Deep knowledge of the diagnostics market and the key players and trends
- Knowledge of Salesforce, Shopify, Google Analytics, Wordpress, and other marketing tools
- Experience in PR, corporate communications and copywriting
What Helix has to offer you
Aside from working alongside brilliant, dedicated, passionate, down-to-earth, curious, warm, and thoughtful people, we also provide great benefits:
- Competitive compensation, including meaningful equity
- Health insurance, including medical, dental, and vision
- 12 weeks of Maternity or Paternity leave
- 4 weeks of paid Pregnancy Disability
- 401(k) with employer matching
- On-premise nursing room
- Commuter benefits
- Catered meals
- Flexible PTO
Helix is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.