Marketing and Communications Manager at Viget (Washington DC)
| Washington DC
Sorry, this job was removed at 3:41 a.m. (CST) on Friday, June 10, 2022
Viget is an independent digital agency that has been branding, designing, and building digital products and platforms since 1999. Our culture is ideal for lifelong learners seeking a variety of meaningful work, supportive collaboration with positive teammates, and a healthy work/life balance. We work from four sweet offices (hybrid) and remote locations throughout the U.S., and utilize a proven cadence of virtual and in-person meetings and retreats to build comradery and stay connected. We love our team.
As our Marketing & Communication Manager, you'll help us connect with a growing community of people who might become a client, a new co-worker, or someone who can learn and benefit from our collective knowledge and experience. Using modern tools and tactics rooted in a proven strategy, you’ll help amplify the evolving Viget story and strengthen our reputation.
You’ll work directly with our CEO and senior leadership to align on goals and core messaging, then lead our company-wide efforts to produce and distribute expert content via our web site, social channels, email, webinars, and occasional in-person events. You’ll manage all of our external communication channels, review data to determine what’s effective, and shift priorities as needed to maximize results.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Continually increase the number of prospective clients and candidates that are aware of and admire Viget, our services, our work, and our differentiators. Success will be measured by an increased number of qualified new business leads and recruiting inquiries.
- Define and iterate on channel strategies that support Viget’s vision, values, and goals. These channels may include social, search, publicity, unconventional PR, email, industry events, speaking engagements (for our team of topic experts), awards, and community-building. You’ll help determine which channels are most effective, and focus energy on those.
- Tell compelling, accurate, and inspirational stories of our work through offline and online case studies which will both generate awareness and support new business conversations.
- Coordinate and guide the creation and distribution of content across all channels according to a marketing calendar that you’ll manage.
- Collaborate regularly with the business development and recruiting teams to align on goals, metrics, and strategy. Contribute to the direction of these teams by reporting back trends, data, and intel that you see amongst our peers, with our clients, and prospective hires.
What should be true about you:
- You’re a business-minded person. You understand how our audiences think and can speak their language. You understand that creative ideas are all in support of moving the needle on key metrics, so you systematically evaluate if a strategy is worth pursuing or continuing.
- You're efficient. You use data to determine your priorities and use tools, processes, or delegation to gain efficiency. You think in terms of systems.
- You understand how all our marketing channels work and generally what makes them successful. You may not yet be familiar with all the tools we currently use (which includes Buffer, Mailchimp, Google Analytics, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Airtable, Zoom, and HubSpot), but you’re a fast learner and confident you can pick up new skills.
- Your default mindset is to do it yourself. While you’ll have access to award-winning, world-class designers, copywriters, and developers and can often leverage their talent to contribute to marketing efforts, they won’t always be available. When needed, you can write creative and compelling copy or generate conference talk ideas on behalf of others.
- You’re extremely well organized. A deep and wide channel strategy contains a lot of moving parts, and it’s easy for things to fall through the cracks. You thrive on using tools, systems, and processes that make it all work.
- You’re decisive and opinionated, but are quick to embrace a better idea.
To be considered, you should exhibit these characteristics and also:
- You have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- You have 2-5 years post-grad experience in a marketing and communications or similar role.
Compensation and benefits:
- Annual base salary of per year depending on location, skills, and experience
- Additional comp available via spot performance bonuses, sales referrals, and new hire referrals
- 401(k) retirement plan matching up to 4%
- 100% company-paid health and dental coverage for you and your family
- Stipends for wellness (apps, gyms, etc.) and connectivity (mobile phone or home internet)
- 15 days PTO (20 after 2 years), 9 paid holidays, and 2 community service days per year
- Up to $2,000/year in conference and training (professional development) budget
How to Apply:
Introduce yourself using this application form. Our recruiters will respond typically within a day or two.
Please attach your resume and submit a cover letter discussing why you want to work at Viget, and how your previous experience relates to the position described. Examples of your previous work are also much appreciated. We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications and are actively seeking people from underrepresented groups to join our team.
Before you get in touch, feel free to learn more about us on Twitter, Flickr, Vimeo, Instagram, and by exploring pointlesscorp.com.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are unable to offer work visa sponsorship at this time.
Viget is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace where all of us feel valued and heard. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, socioeconomic status, religion, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics. If you have any questions or need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected].
More Information on Viget
Viget operates in the Marketing Tech industry. The company is located in Falls Church, VA, Durham, NC, Chattanooga, TN and Boulder, CO. Viget was founded in 1999. It has 70 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Remote Work Program. To see all 40 open jobs at Viget, click here.
Read Full Job Description