Manager, Technical Marketing Engineer - Meraki Wireless at Cisco Meraki
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect us, empower us, and drive us. By simplifying powerful technology we can free passionate people to focus on their mission. As the fastest growing cloud-managed networking team in the world, our products, and technology architecture are changing the face of enterprise networking and making cloud-managed IT a reality.
Meraki’s Product Management team is seeking a driven Manager, Technical Marketing Engineering to join the Wireless (MR) product team. The MR product line is one of the most successful, fastest growing product lines in the industry.
Meraki is changing the way the industry thinks about networking, and you will lead the charge to continue the evolution. You will collaborate with forward-thinking engineers and excited customers to help ensure that we continue to have the best switching product portfolio. You will develop excellent technical knowledge, deliver high-impact presentations, and have a passion for learning about and evangelizing cloud networking technology.
As a critical member of the product team, your responsibilities include:
- Team Management
- Primary point of contact for technical deliverables from TME
- Improve productivity by evolving the team structure to enable efficient execution of TME deliverables
- Thoughtfully assign incoming technical projects based on skills and availability, provide ongoing feedback, remove roadblocks
- Supervise and report status of all TME projects to leadership and partners Plan and track timelines for the team, ensuring efficient execution and communicating to relevant partners when things change
- Team Development
- Lead the team and hold regular one-on-ones, ongoing coaching and mentorship, career development plans, performance evaluations, and compensation planning
- Work with recruiting on targeted hiring efforts to make sure the team can meet the needs of the business
- Technical Product Strategy
- Stay on top of industry trends and understand the landscape. Work with senior PMs/ TME's on the team to investigate feature/platform innovations that add value to a broad range of customers
- Working alongside Engineering and PM to craft a feature development strategy that satisfies Meraki’s largest customers while maintaining Dashboard’s core simplicity
- Execute the strategic plan for technical activities consistent with the broader business strategy
- Review/prioritize customer reported bugs and critical issues and establish a plan to address them
- Technical Enablement
- Drive development and creation of highly impactful technical collateral to better enable our support, sales engineers, customers and partners
- Collaborate with PM's on preparing content for SEVT's, SKO, and other training events
- Field, customers, and partners
- Maintain strong customer focus. Drive a culture of sharing user/customer feedback with Engineering to build features that will have the biggest impact to Meraki customers
- Meet with customers and prospects, share our vision and understand their needs
- Support large deals, and increase TME engagement on sales opportunities
- Evangelize Meraki MR through participation in marketing events such as Cisco Live. and other industry events
- Minimum 5-7 years of work experience in networking technology (ideally in Wireless)
- Deep understanding and familiarity with networking and Wi-Fi technologies
- Hands on experience in supporting, selling, or using WI-Fi technologies
- Track record of motivating and driving large projects and large teams effectively
- Strong user insight with a deep desire to understand top customer problems
- Easily communicate complicated concepts to non-technical folks
- Entrepreneurial, can-do attitude with a strong sense of product quality
- Love solving technical problems in creative ways
- Deep passion for mentoring, coaching and growing people
- Experience building and leading complementary teams
- BA/BS in EE or CS or a related technical field
- CWNA/CWNP/CCIE /wireless/security certifications
- Experience in application engineering, technical support, product testing, or QA
Cisco requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated or have an approved religious or medical accommodation. Candidates accepting an offer must provide proof of vaccination status on their first day. If someone anticipates requesting an accommodation for this requirement, they must receive approval before the start date. Candidates receiving an offer will receive additional information about the accommodation process at the time of the offer. All offers of employment are contingent upon complying with Cisco's vaccination policy.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.