Manager, Paid Search at 2U (Miami, FL)
What We’re Looking For:
The Paid Search Manager is responsible for overseeing operations of a team of 3-5 individuals who directly manage the strategy and performance of paid search marketing campaigns aimed at recruiting students into 2U’s global portfolio of educational offerings, including degree programs, bootcamps, and short courses. This role will also have significant ownership of large-scale strategic initiatives and process improvement. The ideal candidate has a highly analytical mind, experience mentoring others, and is already an expert in Google’s marketing stack.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Manage and develop a high performing team
- Responsible for 3-5 direct reports (Coordinators, Specialists, and Sr. Specialists)
- Hold the team accountable to day-to-day media management, recurring analysis tasks, and assigned projects
- Appropriately delegate work, set deadlines and manage expectations with external stakeholders
- Mentor and develop the team’s technical and non-technical skills
- Guide career development and provide consistent coaching and feedback
- Participate in recruitment for Sr. Specialists and below
- Lead large-scale strategic Initiatives and process improvement
- Contribute to and influence the innovation and testing roadmap for paid search, including creative, new platform capabilities, and media tactics that support delivery against overall business objectives and marketing priorities
- Lead large-scale strategic initiatives end-to-end, including planning, communication, execution, timelines, and measurement
- Establish business justification and obtain buy-in from leadership and impacted stakeholders for all projects
- Identify and implement process improvements, incorporating team feedback throughout
- Maintain emphasis on full-funnel performance and valuations in all aspects of work
- Manage performance of paid search marketing for a small portfolio of accounts, and act as a first point of coverage as needed
- Assist with growing and strengthening relationships with platform partners and agencies
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, or a related field required.
- 3+ years paid search advertising experience, either at an agency, in-house, or other search technology platform
- 1+ years experience managing, mentoring, and/or growing a team of peers and direct reports
- Direct hands-on experience with Google Ads and Microsoft Ads, and familiarity with search management platforms such as Search Ads 360
- Strong data analysis abilities and data-driven approach to media
- Skilled, process-based thinker that can help others develop and execute solutions at scale
- Strong business judgment, ability to assess risks and prioritize based on impact
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience onboarding and training team members on platform fundamentals and more advanced search features
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- Multi-tasking, flexibility and ability to consistently evaluate priorities
- Strong project management discipline, including development of project plans, assessment and mitigation of risk, effectively meeting management and tracking actions and issues
- Enjoys close collaboration with others, but also values working independently
- Enthusiasm and the ability to thrive in an environment of constant change
- Creative, high-energy, innovative, proactive, and resourceful
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Benefits & Culture
Working at 2U means working with individuals that are passionate and mission driven. We collaborate on tough problems to deliver the best outcomes for our partners, students, and each other. You will find team members working together in our open office spaces, gathered in the kitchen grabbing a snack, or taking a break in our game rooms.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include: volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break
To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
In Colorado, the anticipated base salary for this role is $90,000, with potential bonus and equity eligibility. Note: The final compensation for this position may consider factors including the geographic location where the work is performed (candidate’s assigned office) and prior work experience of the candidate.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.