Manager, Marketing Analytics at Ancestry (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 7:19 p.m. (CST) on Monday, September 26, 2022
When you join Ancestry, you join a human-centered company where every person’s story is important. We believe that by discovering the struggles and triumphs of our past, we can foster deeper bonds and more meaningful connections among families and communities. Our talented team of scientists, engineers, genealogists, historians, and storytellers is dedicated to empowering customers around the world from all backgrounds on their journeys of personal discovery.
With more than 30+ billion digitized global historical records, 125+ million family trees, and 22+ million people in our growing AncestryDNA database, Ancestry helps customers discover their family story and gain a new level of understanding about their lives. Passionate about dedicating your work to enriching people’s lives? You belong at Ancestry.
Does analyzing customer behavior and optimizing marketing efficiency sound fun to you? If you have a combination of strong technical skills, superb analytical capabilities, outstanding business insight, and excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate complex technical nuances that marketers can understand, then this is the role for you!
In this Manager, Marketing Analytics role you will drive Ancestry’s success by conducting analyses needed to drive business outcomes and optimize marketing efficiency. You will contribute to ongoing learnings around site optimization by delivering insights gathered through A/B tests, and you’ll generate recommendations from demographic and behavioral analysis to inform our personalization strategy. As a direct-to-consumer business our marketing tactics are critical to our success, and you will have the opportunity to partner closely across the organization to apply learnings and impact Ancestry’s marketing execution.
What You'll Do:
- Function as an analytics partner for all marketing channels, establishing consistent tracking, KPIs, and dashboards, developing insights into campaign impact on customer acquisition, retention and financial return on marketing investment
- Lead the design, analysis, and interpretation of projects from data requirement gathering to data processing, modeling, and recommendations
- Analyze test results, generate insights, translate statistical testing results into plain language insights, consolidate takeaways, and integrate them into broader marketing recommendations
- Create learning agendas focusing on applying advanced analytics and experimental design (A/B and multivariate testing) to answer strategic questions about marketing channel performance and consumer behavior
- Collaborate and ideate with business stakeholders and channel managers to create a single, accurate view of a customer across the business to make decisions about how best to acquire/retain them, segment, identify high potential value, and proactively interact with them
- Transform business questions into actionable analysis that yields insights for optimizing marketing efforts and driving incremental revenue
- Use excellent technical skills to access information from various structured and unstructured data sources
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of experience in an analytics role, business strategy, marketing, finance, engineering, or equivalent
- Experience in analyzing large, multi-dimensional data sets and synthesizing insights into actionable solutions and data-driven insights to business
- BA/BS degree required; focus in statistics, computer science, econometrics, applied math, or a quantitative behavioral sciences field preferred but not required; Masters or PhD preferred but not required
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to analyze raw data, draw conclusions, and summarize
- Able to write and run complex SQL queries to pull complex data required across multiple tables (R, Python a plus)
- Experience with data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, Google Data Studio)
- Experience with Google Marketing Platform (Google Analytics, Campaign Manager, etc) and Adobe Analytics
- MS Excel expertise – lookups, pivot tables, and complex formulas
- Experience building cross functional relationships across a variety of functions to launch projects that drive business value
- Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
(Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $108,000/year + eligible for bonus, equity, and comprehensive benefits including health, dental and vision. Read more about our benefits HERE.
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20)
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, military or veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. In addition, Ancestry will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
More Information on Ancestry
Ancestry operates in the Artificial Intelligence industry. The company is located in Lehi, UT and San Francisco, CA. Ancestry was founded in 1983. It has 1400 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Volunteer in local community, Partners with Nonprofits, Eat lunch together, Dedicated Diversity/Inclusion Staff, Unconscious bias training and Diversity manifesto. To see all 45 open jobs at Ancestry, click here.
Read Full Job Description