Manager, Experiential Marketing (US - Remote) at Coinbase
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 68 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Coinbase is looking for a seasoned Experiential Marketing Manager who can help ideate, present and produce original events, experiences and activations. This role will support the partnership and marketing organization and will work on both partnered and organic activations.
The perfect candidate will be a hybrid creative marketer and project manager with the ability to make strategic suggestions re: programming and talent for various tent poles and initiatives and follow the programs through to completion flawlessly. The role is ultimately responsible for harnessing the power of physical and digital experiences to fully immerse, educate, entertain, and connect consumers to the world of cryptocurrency and Coinbase.
Success in this role requires that you be a world-class creative, project manager, and strategic thinker with a good understanding of relationship management, brand marketing, and event production. One must have a proven track record for executing world-class experiences for a global company.
Above all, your work will impact the way Coinbase users and the world understands and learns about blockchain, cryptocurrency, and the Coinbase platform and how they experience the Coinbase brand.
What’ You’ll Be Doing:
- Manage the creative development of future Coinbase events and experiential marketing initiatives
- Develop activation plans that promote relevance regionally and nationally for Coinbase.
- Develop and manage high level assets for on site experiences
- Lead quality event execution and production for all Coinbase events & 3rd party events.
- Develop strategy, project plans, oversee its execution, and lead the project team.
- Source and manage Event Production Companies and oversee all event logistics from start to finish.
- Fiscally responsible for event budgets on assigned projects and events nationally
- Oversee all event planning estimates for project scope, schedule, and resource requirements, ensuring programs are budgeted, estimated, and scheduled.
- Be a student of experiences and customer engagement.
- Develop creative seed ideas for experiences based on marketing strategy, messaging, and program goals.
- Be a specialist with knowledge of all aspects of experiential marketing including techniques to engage and excite the consumer.
- Provide detailed budget analysis and return on investment modeling; deep diving into consumer behavior and brand awareness.
- Provide custom branding solutions for events driving ongoing creative design/visibility and execution.
- Participate in brainstorm meetings with Brand Partnerships & Content to ideate, develop and pitch partner activations including concepts, talent, etc. within events and tent poles that deliver on KPIs
What we look for in you (i.e. job requirements)
- 5+ years relevant marketing experience in event and/or experiential marketing for a major brand. Partnership and brand marketing experience is a plus.
- Strong understanding of digital marketing, relationship management, and social media is essential
- Experience working with or managing experiential or production agencies
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills needed for drafting and briefs, internal presentations, and email
- Strong collaboration and leadership skills and ability to work across multiple cross-functional teams, disciplines, and time zones
- Motivated self-starter with hands-on attitude
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong project management and agency management skills
- Ability to multitask and work in a hectic and extremely fast-moving industry and environment
- Collaborative individual who enjoys partnering closely across teams and departments to ideate and create the most impactful activations possible
- Strong strategic thinker and resourceful problem-solver
- Ability to balance short- and long-term priorities
- Open to and willing to travel
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.