ABOUT THIS JOB
We won’t say we can predict the future, but our team of Market Research Analysts gets pretty close. This role combines data analysis and client consultation from the start, with plenty of room for growth. You find the stories behind scatter plots and help clients determine which products to launch. Your insights will influence decisions for some of today’s leading global companies. Purpose of this role is to develop & grow the Shopper business including identifying business development opportunities for our Shopper solutions, providing guidance and advice to all retailer/ CPG Shopper projects in the region (ad hoc and syndicated) and contribute to thought leadership articles and papers for internal and external use.
● Manage a client servicing team to ensure prompt delivery of service to the responsible
clients in order to achieve the set financial objectives and other operational performance
● Maintain an accurate, complete, up-to-date and insightful client business profiles to be
shared with senior management
● Drive client satisfaction by providing insights and actionable recommendations during
presentations or business reviews and also by providing value-added analyses and
response to special requests.
● To develop the shopper business from clients for all commissioned shopper projects,
work with the commercial team for the development of all material - Questionnaires,
Field methodology guidance and reporting
● Undertake sales activities independently or in conjunction with senior staff in terms of
preparation and delivery of proposal and credentials
● Ensure the generation of required revenue from the assigned client portfolio and proper
contract costing in order to meet the agreed budget targets
● Identify and recommend enhanced and new services that answer clients' business
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU
● Strong Client Focus
● Understand marketing enough to hold meaningful conversations with client’s marketing & business teams.
● Expert knowledge of Quantitative & Qualitative research techniques and methodologies. Key focus on shopper research tools & techniques
● Complete grasp of shopper research & implications to talk meaningfully with clients and provide inputs
● Able to influence and persuade.
● Strong customer service and interpersonal communication skills
● Ability to analyze and interpret data in a challenging and insightful manner
● Efficient time management, ability to multi-task and detail oriented
● Displays maturity and creative problem solving skills in handling crises
● Recommend improvements in work processes within area of responsibility
● Analyses and interprets financial information to ensure achievement of business targets and early identification of issues / crisis.
● Able to operate in a multicultural environment
● Travel to different markets for client meetings and training the teams
● 4+ years’ experience and Proven success with primary research qual and quant
● Shopper Research experience would be an added advantage
● Post-Graduation from a premier institute
● Good analysis skills and insight generation
● Good grounding in custom research principles, methodologies, statistical techniques
● Basic business understanding (e.g. comfortable with terminology: revenue, profit, loss,
● Excellent PowerPoint and Excel skills or Google Slides and Google Sheets
NielsenIQ is a global measurement and data analytics company that provides the most complete and trusted view available of consumers and markets worldwide. We provide consumer packaged goods manufacturers/fast-moving consumer goods and retailers with accurate, actionable information and insights and a complete picture of the complex and changing marketplace that companies need to innovate and grow. Our approach marries proprietary NielsenIQ data with other data sources to help clients around the world understand what’s happening now, what’s happening next, and how to best act on this knowledge. We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 90 countries, covering more than 90% of the world’s population. For more information, visit www.niq.com.
NielsenIQ is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.